Another year has gone by

And we are still here :slight_smile:
Ever since the day a few of us started this many have foreseen our demise, our approach to moderation, our limited allowance of more adult content and our policy of not being a campaigning group has all led to people telling us we would wither and die.
But we seem to be here still, where others have come and gone so we must be doing something right !
With 19 Million page views in 2017 and a day to go before the year ends that’s pretty awesome.

But it not all right some folks cant understand that this isn’t Facebook and we here have a level of behaviour we expect from the members… this is being addressed - TruckNet isn’t a free for all like Facebook… its a private members club thats free to join - but has rules- those rules are clear and set out and the admin team will enforce them- so don’t complain if you get a slap on the wrist if you don’t follow them.

now for the good stuff 1. We are still here, 2. We haven’t been sued this year, which from my bosses point of view is a good thing :slight_smile: 3. TruckNet yet again had a good year financially and more than covered its costs- that’s a good thing because if we don’t there may not be a next year !

I stepped back this year and took another role within the company, passing over the mantle of the day to day running of TruckNet to the one person I felt really had it in him to run TruckNet, that was a hard decision for me to hand over something I had created , lived and breathed for so many years… the skill and diplomancy that Diesel Dave has shown has more than justified my faith in him and I believe he has been the reason TruckNet has continued to thrive this year.

But running TruckNet is more than just me and Dave, its is run by the admin team- all drawn from the membership and all who work for no pay and very little recognition, TruckNet runs by their hard work and dedication, you may not like all their decisions but it is their effort that keeps this place alive for you all, My heartfelt thanks goes to all the team as should yours.

A word to our sponsors - the guys that pay the money to keep us online simply thank you, especially those that go beyond our contract and offer on top discounts and even free give aways- our sponsors are why you guys get this website for free

There’s one last lot that needs a vote of thanks- and that’s all of you- unlike most other websites we don’t post editorials or blog posts - the content that keeps this website the #1 website for drivers in the internet world is what you post- you provide the content, this website is what you make it and yet again in 2017 you kept us the premier drivers website - Happy New year to you all

Thanks to you all,great site well run and long may it continue.Happy New Year. Thank You.Mike. :smiley:

Happy new year to the team…

Happy New year everyone, thanks for the great forum. Loves you all.
Special thanks to all the mod team for keeping me on the straight and narrow… :wink:

Happy New Year everybody to ladies gentiles reptiles and crocodiles, mods mates and not mates. :smiley:

Good to see the forum is still doing ok
I tend to spend a lot of time on here, but I don’t do Facebook or anything like that, but always like to dip in and out of it between doing stuff on most days.
Hope it continues and hope the balance is maintained by clamping down on the right people but at the same time not being over moderated to spoil it.
I reckon if Dave is in charge that will not be allowed to happen as he has always struck me to be a top bloke and fair moderator on here, who will always explain things rather than pull rank and display authority in those type of cases.

(God ! :unamused: that last bit makes me sound like a right arse crawler :blush: :laughing: , …but anyone who knows me will know that aint so. :wink: )

Happy New year and thanks for your hard work :exclamation:

Happy New Year to the Team and to all contibutors (well, the sensible ones anyway :smiley: ) over the past 12 months.

You’re welcome.

A very happy new year to all the team and all its members you all doing a great job cheers John

Yep, well done to all involved. Good stuff from members and excellent moderation.

I would like to openly congratulate myself as being the site’s most handsome celebrity driver too.

eagerbeaver:
Yep, well done to all involved. Good stuff from members and excellent moderation.

I would like to openly congratulate myself as being the site’s most handsome celebrity driver too.

:laughing:

Having been here since the early days, I also can’t believe that Trucknet is still here, given the fact that there ARE so many other sites out there, but the team behind it must be doing something right, otherwise I wouldn’t be writing this now. There is a place for other sites, and that is the free choice of those that use them, including myself, however I always keep coming back here so that says something.

Heres to another year to the team.

Ken.

Happy New Year to all you professional drivers.

I’m hoping to come over to your side soon Passed C+E back in November now just need to make the jump from my normal poorly paid job to Truck Driving.
You Trampers out there 2-week+ What do you do on your down time when out.
Cheers guys

A good new year tae yin an awe…Thank you trucknet for the usual bunch of Btrds ,lunatics,undesirables,eccentrics that make up the drivers(posters )…heres tae the ones that hae passed this year I raise a glass tae them!. jimmy on the frigid prairies…

Thank you for all your hard work

Thanks to the entertainers for making me laugh

Thanks to the experts for answering my, sometimes very silly, questions

Cate x

your hard work is appreciated, as some have said help is there for anyone, some questions make me laugh out loud others make me want to cry, but all are welcome and i thank you all for that.

My oh my, dosn’t time fly, seems like only yesterday it was new years day … :slight_smile:

I think youve got the site just right. Keep up the good work and Happy New Year to you all.