Another WTD question

I should know this but not happened before. I did a weeks work for a firm on 3 days never went over 4 hours driving and 7 hours shift so only had a 15 minute break, got home today and there is a infrigement letter for me to sign saying i should have taken a 30 minute break before taking my card out as gone over 6 hours.
Should i have done because it’s never been picked up before.

mac12:
I should know this but not happened before. I did a weeks work for a firm on 3 days never went over 4 hours driving and 7 hours shift so only had a 15 minute break, got home today and there is a infrigement letter for me to sign saying i should have taken a 30 minute break before taking my card out as gone over 6 hours.

Simple answer is YES WTD is 6hrs work 30 mins break

mac12:

Because the shift was more than 6 hours working time you should have had a total of 30 minutes break/breaks.

In a shift like that you would need to have at-least 15 minutes break before going over 6 hours working time and another 15 minutes before finishing the shift, but not at the immediate end of the shift.
Alternatively you could just have a 30 minute break before going over 6 hours, your choice.

The rule is that if the total working time is more than 6 hours but not more than 9 hours you should have a total of at-least 30 minutes break/breaks.
If the total working time is more than 9 hours you should have a total of at-least 45 minutes break/breaks.

RT(WT)R breaks can be taken in segments of at-least 15 minutes each and must not be at the immediate start or end of the shift, the breaks must interrupt the shift.

edit: This post explains it more thoroughly

Thank you tacho

as Mr T say’s