another whinge

woke up todayto find 3 missed calls from my boss…my shift tonight start 11pm hull, tip birmingham. Load B/ham, tip leeds,on landfill then wait to be picked up by a van because i’ll be out of hours…
The other poor driver on nights (there’s only 2 of us) has to wait at York in a day cab so he can’t get his head down. God only knows when we’ll get to bed. :frowning: All for £370 week.
On the up-side went for job interview today and it was promising! :smiley: :smiley:

I’m sure that being picked up in a van counts towards your hours?

Not condemming you, but if VOSA do an inspection you could find yourself in hot water & they take great pleasure in suspending licences these days, what a crap situation, hope the new job works out for you :wink:

gorby1:
then wait to be picked up by a van because i’ll be out of hours…

newmercman:
I’m sure that being picked up in a van counts towards your hours?

Did you run out of driving hours but still have ‘other work’ hours available:?:

gorby1:
woke up todayto find 3 missed calls from my boss…my shift tonight start 11pm hull, tip birmingham. Load B/ham, tip leeds,on landfill then wait to be picked up by a van because i’ll be out of hours…
The other poor driver on nights (there’s only 2 of us) has to wait at York in a day cab so he can’t get his head down. God only knows when we’ll get to bed. :frowning: All for £370 week.
On the up-side went for job interview today and it was promising! :smiley: :smiley:

driving hours i take it not “other work” hours…or is there more than 24 hours in a day where you work :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my boss said on nights we can only work 10 hours wen were waiting to be picked up & traveling back to the yard its classed as poa!! :confused:

gorby1:
my boss said on nights we can only work 10 hours wen were waiting to be picked up & traveling back to the yard its classed as poa!! :confused:

I fairly sure it not !!

gorby1:

I’ll do a classic ROG here :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

what time did you clock on and clock off out of pure interest cuz i like being nosey :exclamation: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :question: :question:

Cruise Control:

gorby1:

I’ll do a classic ROG here :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

what time did you clock on and clock off out of pure interest cuz i like being nosey :exclamation: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :question: :question:

And what actual work (driving + other work) did you do inn that time :question:

ill be clocking on @ 11pm to-night & ill run out of hours in leeds @9am in the morning then ill have to wait to be picked up from leeds by another driver to take me back to our depot in hull !! we feel like 2nd class citizens becouse weve been told to take our breaks in a lay-by were the day lads have there breaks in a canteen with hygenic facilities we work with waste. :frowning:

gorby1:
ill be clocking on @ 11pm to-night & ill run out of hours in leeds @9am in the morning then ill have to wait to be picked up from leeds by another driver to take me back to our depot in hull !!

The journey from Leeds to Hull is counted as work for both the EU and WTD regulations so it points to your boss being an idiot.

Can’t be POA as the duration of POA must be known in advance and unless he has a crystal ball he cannot know anymore than a rough estimate for the duration of the journey in advance.

gorby1:
ill be clocking on @ 11pm to-night & ill run out of hours in leeds @9am

That is only a total of 10 hours - how much work (driving + other work) is done in that time :question:

so if i drive 4hour’s 30 mins, have a 45 break, drive another 4hour’s 30mins then have a 45 then drive drive last hour so am on my limit for a 10hr shift park up in the yard is it illegal 4 me to drive home from the yard then ■■ if i live an hour a way??

mark h:
so if i drive 4hour’s 30 mins, have a 45 break, drive another 4hour’s 30mins then have a 45 then drive drive last hour so am on my limit for a 10hr shift park up in the yard is it illegal 4 me to drive home from the yard then ■■ if i live an hour a way??

No, because you are going from your place of work to your house, you could live 5.5hrs away & turn around & head straight back to the yard if you wanted, there’s no requirement to sleep in the law.

don’t forget you can have a work force agreement to opt out of the 10 hour night rule, i doubt your boss is doing anything wrong.

Good luck with the new job

we dont have an opt outagreement .which means i cant work more than 10 hours on a night yet iv just completed a 15 hour shift my boss had to pick me up from derby were i ran out off hours i live in hull !! now hes informed me i will run out off hours every night @ ferrybridge & they will have to send a van out with a driver to pick me & the truck up!!! my mate who is on nights with me has rang vosa so the zb will hit the fan whoops ! … :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

gorby1:
we dont have an opt outagreement .which means i cant work more than 10 hours on a night yet iv just completed a 15 hour shift my boss had to pick me up from derby were i ran out off hours i live in hull !!

As you know that is totally illegal, why did you not pull in for a daily rest and then continue :question:

becouse im a night driver not a tramper & they give us impossable runs that cant be done in our night shift !!! i had to wait 4 hours in a day cab with no night heater to load at 8am! :frowning: