Start 6 p.m
Drive 3 hrs
9 pm start daily rest
6 am finish daily rest
6 am start shift
11 a.m finish shift
Due too start next shift 6 pm
I think that fine
But another driver says it’s not ,I can’t start until midnight ,he’s going on about a 24 hr clock ,lost me.
N.b very short shifts due too weather conditions .
So who’s right :question: ta

dozy:
Start 6 p.m
Drive 3 hrs
9 pm start daily rest
6 am finish daily rest
6 am start shift
11 a.m finish shift
Due too start next shift 6 pm
I think that fine
But another driver says it’s not ,I can’t start until midnight ,he’s going on about a 24 hr clock ,lost me.
N.b very short shifts due too weather conditions .
So who’s right :question: ta

You cannot finish a shift at 11:00 and start a new shift at 18:00 because that’s only 7 hours rest.

Or to be more precise, if you start a new shift at 18:00 you will have to be finished by 21:00 so you can get a 9 hour daily rest period within the 24 hour period from 06:00 when your last daily rest period ended, that’s assuming you have a reduced daily rest period available of course.

If you have a reduced daily rest period available and assuming that you won’t be finished by 21:00 you can start a new shift at 20:00, that’s 9 hours from when you finished at 11:00.

The only thing I can think of regarding a 24 hour clock is about needing 11 hours of within a 24 hour period from the start of a shift ie if you start at 1800 then your work/rest ends 24 hours later ie 13 hours work + 11 hours rest otherwise it’s a reduced rest. The one that catches people out is 14 hours work plus 11 hours rest which is still a reduced rest because only 10 hours rest is within the 24 hour period.

7 hours rest isn’t legal at all!

tachograph:
Or to be more precise, if you start a new shift at 18:00 you will have to be finished by 21:00 so you can get a 9 hour daily rest period within the 24 hour period from 06:00 when your last daily rest period ended, that’s assuming you have a reduced daily rest period available of course.

If he started at 1800 and finished at 2100 and then thus had 9 hrs rest along with the 7 he had earlier, wouldn’t that be a full daily rest?

Héraultais:

tachograph:

If he started at 1800 and finished at 2100 and then thus had 9 hrs rest along with the 7 he had earlier, wouldn’t that be a full daily rest?

Oh you spotted my deliberate mistake :smiley: :blush: :wink:

I stand corrected, you’re absolutely right of course, if he finishes no later than 21:00 it will be a split daily rest period (regular daily rest period) not a reduced daily rest period.

tachograph:

Héraultais:

tachograph:

I stand corrected, you’re absolutely right of course, if he finishes no later than 21:00 it will be a split daily rest period (regular daily rest period) not a reduced daily rest period.

I think differently based on the following questions starting at 06:00.

1 - How many rest hours in the following 24?
2 - What is the largest period of break taken in that 24 hours?
3 - What is the minimum required for the largest portion in the 24 hour period?
4 - Where does the largest portion of rest have to sit in the 24 hour period?

ETA. Just reviewed my 24 hour clock and can confirm I am dog tired and not best at maths in my head when knacked.

Wiretwister:

tachograph:

Héraultais:

tachograph:

I think differently based on the following questions starting at 06:00.

1 - How many rest hours in the following 24? 16 hours total rest
2 - What is the largest period of break taken in that 24 hours? The longest rest period is 9 hours after the shift (21:00 to 06:00)
3 - What is the minimum required for the largest portion in the 24 hour period? 9 hours after the shift
4 - Where does the largest portion of rest have to sit in the 24 hour period? It’s not stipulated, as long as the driver has 9 hours rest after the shift and the first rest was at-least 3 hours it’s good

The driver started work at 06:00 and finished at 11:00, he then had 7 hours rest, if he starts again at 18:00 and finishes at 21:00 he will have 9 hours rest by 06:00 in the morning, add that to the 7 hours rest he’s already had between 11:00 and 18:00 and that makes a split daily rest period consisting of 7 hours rest during the 24 hour period but before finishing work, and 9 hours rest immediately before the end of the 24 hour period.

edit:

Wiretwister:
ETA. Just reviewed my 24 hour clock and can confirm I am dog tired and not best at maths in my head when knacked.

You must have posted that while I was typing :slight_smile:

Presumably we now agree that Héraultais was correct in saying that it’s a split daily rest period :wink:

tachograph:
Presumably we now agree that Héraultais was correct in saying that it’s a split daily rest period :wink:

Yes. It was ill advised to disagree but at least I saw it early. NIght night. :wink: :slight_smile: