another week

So another week passed, two shifts for me. Yes, i am a weekend agency warrior, or a weekend idiot, your choice :wink:

it was the first time this Saturday another driver asked for help with a digi tacho. It appears he was agency and did not really have a clue as to how the digi tacho works, including switching from work to break :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

On Sunday another day of class 1 London ā€œmultidropā€ (two drops). Got stuck on a406 due to the quad crash which i suspect upset the planners. Hope the guys involved will recover.

and another tight-for-a-newbie reverse

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

I seem to get my head round the reversing: the key thing is positioning before you actually start the reverse itself. This positioning consists of two major points: trailer position itself and the angle between the unit and the trailer. The first one is pretty obvious: the closer the trailer is to the straight line reversing the better. However the second point was not so obvious to me. I understand that the more the angle between the unit and the trailer is the faster the trailer turns. However the trick is to produce that angle before the actual reverse - and that was smth noone has told me about (i think). I still tend to straighten the combination a bit late so always have to take 2-4 shunts.

So i felt quite proud of myself this week, but on the other hand i am surprised i have not hit / damaged anything yet, touch wood.

Looks like you are doing great on the reverse side of things, extremely jealous seems like you have picked it up nearly straight away. Especially when you are only doing weekends you part timer :stuck_out_tongue:

Priest:
However the trick is to produce that angle before the actual reverse - and that was smth noone has told me about (i think). I still tend to straighten the combination a bit late so always have to take 2-4 shunts.

In fact, many people giving advice to newbies say you should always start with the unit and trailer straight. Iā€™ve never understood this - personally, I find it much easier if I ā€œget the kink onā€ before starting to reverse.

Nice you weekend working, agency limping bellend! :smiley:

Glad itā€™s all going well pal, and youā€™re sounding like youā€™ve got the reversing crackedā€¦
It tallyā€™s with what Iā€™ve observed when I watch the big boys line up for a reverse.
So it might be right! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MrFlibble:

Priest:
However the trick is to produce that angle before the actual reverse - and that was smth noone has told me about (i think). I still tend to straighten the combination a bit late so always have to take 2-4 shunts.

In fact, many people giving advice to newbies say you should always start with the unit and trailer straight. Iā€™ve never understood this - personally, I find it much easier if I ā€œget the kink onā€ before starting to reverse.

Ditto, always slap a bit of right hand bend on before I start my reverse.