Another Week-Another Wage.(Diary)-(2)

Now, some of these pics may be duplicated from previous but I’ve used them as I was again at the same place…
So , Monday. Set off across the M62 heading for Scarborough from Mancs/Lancs. Set off a bit earlier than usual to miss the traffic then this happened !!!

Wandered across the slip road for this pic. (No sign of Big Brother)

The problem turned out to be a broken jubilee clip on a ‘turbo hose’. (had the bang half way up Windy Hill).

So half an hour later I’m stuck in the traffic I was trying to miss.

Anyway,stuck with it and arrived in Scarborough a couple of hours later and saw these.

Once tipped it was off to the outskirts of Beverley via Brid.

It can be a bit tight but this place is normally OK.

Now its down into Hull and back on the A63 under the bridge.

Back to the yard and loaded for Tuesday…

Tuesday its across to Yorks again but this time down the M1 to the outskirts of Chesterfield .Got to Jnc 30 (?) in pretty good time and then got stuck in this for just under an hour.

The reason-Pick and Shovel on the bridge.

Tipped straight away and onto Alfreton then into Nottingham where I couldn’t get in the entrance due to it being on a set of lights and too busy.So I parked across the road and handballed it in as they only had a small amount of stuff.

Out of Notts and across to Stoke via Donington. Up the M6 and due to a fender bender I went cross country to avoid Thelwall.

Back to the yard and loaded with scrap for recycling.

Wednesday its out with the scrap to E Lancs and tipped straightaway.

Back to the yard and loaded for a one hitter for Worksop.Straight there after the morning rush with no probs.Just hope the horse doesn’t bang its head !!!

So its off with their stuff and the usual ‘can you just’ move this driver. No probs as it all needs shifting so I can turn around.

Out of Worksop and back towards home. Stop on Services. Notice ‘Old Bill’ talking to this driver. I go in main building, use the loo, go to the shop,get a KFC, go back to my truck, eat KFC, do paperwork and guess what ■■ Old Bill still in the green truck, pulling it to pieces. This is a couple of miles from were the 9 year old girl has dissapeared from. Nice to see the Police have priorities.

On arrival.

On departure.

Back onto the M62 were I was overtaken by this American trailer.

Into our yard and loaded for Thursday.

Thursday,its straight up to Carlisle (were I saw this and wondered what the demand was for his cargo ?)

and then onto Ayr.

Hung around for a bit, giving me enough time to get to Clydebank without having to stop for a break.
Went through the tunnel.

On arrival at Clydebank saw this stuck on a car outside my drop.

Can’t say I blame him as when I was leaving I had a choice. Should I turn left ?

Or should I turn right ?

I think I’ll go right .(The parking here gets worse every week,more and more call centres on Ind Estates=more cars )

Along the bottom road to the M8.

and across to Airdrie.

Tipped at Airdrie and back to the M8 and the bridge for Cowdenbeath.
Got to Cowdenbeath ‘just in time’. That was my last drop. I’ve only got emptys on so I can now enjoy the view.

I’ve still a couple of hours left so I head back across the M8 and head for ‘Red Moss’ near Abington as it was recommended on another post.

On arrival, loads of space (do me) get my paperwork sorted, go in and have good food with nice people,then have a pint while watching the football- PERFECT.

Got up at ??o’clock on Friday morn for the leisurely drive home.

Same again nexy week ■■ PROBABLY…

Oh ,I saw this ,can’t remember when. Not many with this spec ■■

Interesting read thank you very much. Ditto your thoughts on the police tho :imp:

Intresting part about the cops with the tanker driver ERF. I was having a 45 at Newport Pagnell yesterday and was quizzed by them about contents of my tanker etc . I was empty at the time but the cops only seemed interested in tankers on the MSA.

Do you reckon they know something they dont want to share with us??(considering the terrorist current climate)

Or have I been watching too much tv :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Nice sign on the car. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think I would have got the old bill involved on that one,and hopefully the eejit concerned,would have got a talking to.

Ken.

thanks a lot nice photos and good read as well,

God that T cab is ugly.

It looks as if someone started out with an R series day cab, bolted a pod on the roof and found a bonnet somewhere. Absolute crap.

It says ERF not RAF:

Is that Jordell Bank Radiotelescope?

Thursday,its straight up to Carlisle (were I saw this and wondered what the demand was for his cargo ?)

We used to carry drums with that in Hebrides Haulage. It’s written on it, that it’s used as a fertilizer and (if you can believe marketing information written on the product) is very good…

orys:

It says ERF not RAF:

Is that Jordell Bank Radiotelescope?/quote]

I believe so.

seen that westons cania on the a14 today at cambridge. also the old bill were talking to a tanker driver last week on hartshead moor services and im sure they had a mobile unit there as well.

good read and photos

cheers jon

shade:
Intresting part about the cops with the tanker driver ERF. I was having a 45 at Newport Pagnell yesterday and was quizzed by them about contents of my tanker etc . I was empty at the time but the cops only seemed interested in tankers on the MSA.

Do you reckon they know something they dont want to share with us??(considering the terrorist current climate)

Or have I been watching too much tv :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Shade - trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12347

Great diary, you don’t half get about!

One question; Has the owner of that VW (SC 05 PPU) had the brass balls to actually park like that? :confused: :open_mouth:

Another good read and some great piccies too!

Ta!

Shrek:
Another good read and some great piccies too!
Ta!

Is this one of your relations ■■?

nice read mate… :smiley: ahh the joys of them yank trailers, they come over into seaforth on the cast ship but sometimes they found themselves on the irish boats. the irish shunters would put the bloody things down in the lower hold knowing what a pain it was to get them out… :laughing:

It says ERF not RAF:
Is this one of your relations ■■?

This Shrek is an impostor! (I wouldn’t mind his truck though :wink: ).

hammer:
One question; Has the owner of that VW (SC 05 PPU) had the brass balls to actually park like that? :confused: :open_mouth:

Yes. When I arrived there was another car behind it and one infront. All opposite the car with the message on the window. The message was on a car that was parked behind the silver VW.

Good read and pics, as usual!

TC

nice read :wink:

Great diary and pics. :smiley:

I’ll be looking out for the next edition. :wink:

Situations like that with the VeeDub remind me of delivering to a shop in Soho one night. Some muppet parked right in front of me, blocking my exit. With the Berwick Street market starting to be set up around me, (upon completion of which, I’d have been stuck there all day - no thanks!!) I decided that drastic action was required, and ‘nudged’ ( :laughing: ) the offending car (using raw Volvo FL220 power :blush: ) into a position so that I could escape. Didn’t cause too much damage to it either. :wink: I’d highly recommend it to anyone!

I too think the T-Cab looks hideous. Why on earth would anyone want one of those? It’s beyond me. :confused:

flying_fenman:
Situations like that with the VeeDub remind me of delivering to a shop in Soho one night. Some muppet parked right in front of me, blocking my exit. With the Berwick Street market starting to be set up around me, (upon completion of which, I’d have been stuck there all day - no thanks!!) I decided that drastic action was required, and ‘nudged’ ( :laughing: ) the offending car (using raw Volvo FL220 power :blush: ) into a position so that I could escape. Didn’t cause too much damage to it either. :wink: I’d highly recommend it to anyone!

I use the Moffett (they’re a really useful bit of kit) when in that kind of situation .(just dont tell anyone).