Another U turn oops

.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engla … ee=0#post_

Why do folks think they can take an Hgv onto a grass verge in winter and it won’t sink ?

Driver under time pressure? Inexperienced driver? It’s a stupid move yes but if he was being pressurised that can lead to poor decision making sometimes.

Agen…, nah, I ain’t sayin it [emoji56]

nomiS36:
Agen…, nah, I ain’t sayin it [emoji56]

I will.

AGENCY!

Loved this quote from the old bill!

“Officers called it “unprofessional driving” and said the driver has been reported.”

That looks like the top of the A38 where it joins the M1 north of derby. I thought it had Armco straight off the roundabout between the 2 carriageways? Driven it a million times but can’t picture it [emoji23]

nomiS36:
That looks like the top of the A38 where it joins the M1 north of derby. I thought it had Armco straight off the roundabout between the 2 carriageways? Driven it a million times but can’t picture it [emoji23]

It is the B6019, unfortunately if the driver had gone a little further down the road he could have tried the U turn at the junction further up as the road is much wider there.

Oh yeah I see it now. So he’s come off the big motorway junction towards alfreton then realised he’s wrong so tried turning round to get back on the roundabout.
Shame he didn’t keep going then find meadow lane ind est. [emoji30]

Sorry but no excuse for being a complete moron. If your driving a large vehicle carry on until you can find somewhere safe and big enough to turn around.

Licence should be revoked.

No excuse for idiotic manoeuvres at all like that.

What a ■■■■■■ i’m sure we’ve all been in sticky situations but id never in my wildest dreams try turn round there unbelievable no common sense and deserves careless driving charge.
Its not like the roads going into a small village or a low bridge ahead so why not just keep going and find roundabout.
He will certainly remember that forever and i hope he learns from it.

He doesn’t appear to have been trying to turn very sharp :confused:

It’s copyrighted so I won’t post it here but If you click on the link below there’s a better picture that shows the vehicle and the surrounding area.

nottinghampost.com/news/loc … in-1307327

Yeah, a pretty dumb ■■■■■■■ thing to attempt. Like you say hook, it’s not as if he’s up against an immovable object.
Stoopid is as stoopid does.

Park logistics, I used to work there. Typical general haulage gaff with crap wages worse conditions tend to use foreign drivers as the local drivers know to stay well clear :laughing:
What is a shame is it had potential to be a good firm and once was, the owner is a horrid man and his attitude towards the drivers filters through unfortunately.
Not at all surprised it’s them.

hook a couple of straps on that one behind…might have helped…pull him back…thats if there was enough space…drivers today eh ! it was a bit stupid to attempt a turn there…but why take it up the kerb, common sense would tell you not to go on the grass…especially in winter…

Three lanes there decent driver could of got it round :smiley:

Mazzer2:
Three lanes there decent driver could of got it round :smiley:

Was thinking the same Mazzer, jack-knife it round, no need to use the grass :unamused: :unamused:

google.fr/maps/@53.1010062, … 312!8i6656

He was coming from where that white van is, might of had to do a shunt

He should have been able to make it round there. Maybe it was a last second manoeuvre. Not advisable either way, with a nice straight wide bit of road in front of him to stop and consult a map!

slowlane:
He should have been able to make it round there. Maybe it was a last second manoeuvre. Not advisable either way, with a nice straight wide bit of road in front of him to stop and consult a map!

More chance of Lord Lucan being in there than a map!!

nomiS36:
Oh yeah I see it now. So he’s come off the big motorway junction towards alfreton then realised he’s wrong so tried turning round to get back on the roundabout.
Shame he didn’t keep going then find meadow lane ind est. [emoji30]

He could have turned round in The Gentleman’s Club entrance [emoji23]

TiredAndEmotional:
Driver under time pressure? Inexperienced driver? It’s a stupid move yes but if he was being pressurised that can lead to poor decision making sometimes.

There’s poor…

Decision making and then there’s stupidity of galactic proportions.

EE