Another truckstop closing down

the burnside truckstop will be closing its doors on the 21st december this year (junc 5 m 8 )
whilst not the best in the world ,its still a welcome place to stop have a bite and a beer
all the best to landlord graham and family for the future
it proves however that if you dont use the facilities they run down until they’re not worth continuing with

:frowning:

It will happen to many more although the last time I stopped there for a shower I came out blacker (or was that greener with the mould) than I went in.

I used to stop there in the 70s when i think a lad called dave used to run it. It was handy because i worked for wm. nuttalls at clifton m/c at the time and we had a firm in harthill that was part of the nutts group,[forget the name] and we used to backload off them.Just remembered the name j galloways tpt. We also used to stop in digs then as well and in themdays it was a typical scotch dig,good grub thick soup and plenty blankets in winter,never cold. Good set of lads used to stay there regular as well ,one good mate of mine was old joe,used to drive for bassetts of tittensor and had done for many yrs.Sorry to hear its gone they were happy days then.