Another Training Broker

Here’s another broker added to the list!

http://www.easyashgv.co.uk

Just to go onto the main page, they have LGV & HGV down as 2 different training courses!

‘HGV Driver Training
A lot of people are considering a career in HGV driving these days as it can be a really rewarding job. But in order to become an HGV driver, you will need to complete some HGV driver training. That is where Easy As HGV comes in. Here, we can arrange quality HGV driver training at a location that is convenient to you and this means that you can get your HGV driving career off to a great start.’

LGV Driver Training Alternatively you may be interested in LGV driver training. Demand for LGV drivers has increased drastically due to the popularity of online shopping and now more and more goods need to be delivered across the country, LGV driver training has become really important. Here at Easy As HGV we can organise your training for you, taking into account your location and your preferences.

Be aware :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Already on list viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30889 see post 2

Cheers Rog, Didn’t see it :blush:

If anything just another reminder for folk who haven’t seen it like me :blush: :slight_smile:

It is hard to believe that people believe for such garbage though :open_mouth: Then again they say fools and their money are soon parted!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Easy as do have liveried vehicles though.
I’ve seen them around Thurrock area.

One thing that I would usually like to check if a company is touting membership in a respected professional association / group (such as the Road Haulage Association in this case) is to see if they really are a member. In the case of Easy As HGV, it does seem that they are:

rha.uk.net/services/rha_serv … nuary_2012
rha.uk.net/directory/?topic=&page=5

Since I’m in the process of looking around for a training provider right now, this particular process of elimination apparently wouldn’t have worked out too well in this case :open_mouth: (disclaimer: not that I’m suggesting publicly that this company is anything other than entirely above board mind you, I’m just not personally interested in broker provided services which may or may not be as advertised :wink:)

Out of interest, other than obviously ridiculous claims made about being guaranteed a £60k p/a job for doing 30 minutes of work per day :wink: what would you guys say are some other good indicators for companies to potentially be wary of?

Six:
One thing that I would usually like to check if a company is touting membership in a respected professional association / group (such as the Road Haulage Association in this case) is to see if they really are a member. In the case of Easy As HGV, it does seem that they are:

rha.uk.net/services/rha_serv … nuary_2012
rha.uk.net/directory/?topic=&page=5

Since I’m in the process of looking around for a training provider right now, this particular process of elimination apparently wouldn’t have worked out too well in this case :open_mouth: (disclaimer: not that I’m suggesting publicly that this company is anything other than entirely above board mind you, I’m just not personally interested in broker provided services which may or may not be as advertised :wink:)

Out of interest, other than obviously ridiculous claims made about being guaranteed a £60k p/a job for doing 30 minutes of work per day :wink: what would you guys say are some other good indicators for companies to potentially be wary of?

Any that don’t encourage you to visit their premises, see the vehicles and even speak to an Instructor if available.

Look out for Instructors qualifications, condition and possibly age of vehicle, training centre facilities( test centre maybe) but don’t be afraid to ask around- can’t beat a recommendation.

Good luck with it.

John

chevmac:
Any that don’t encourage you to visit their premises, see the vehicles and even speak to an Instructor if available.

Look out for Instructors qualifications, condition and possibly age of vehicle, training centre facilities( test centre maybe) but don’t be afraid to ask around- can’t beat a recommendation.

Good luck with it.

John

Thanks a lot for that John; those definitely sound like sensible suggestions. I guess if any trainer is not willing or able to produce a vehicle that you’d actually be able to train in, that would be a pretty big warning sign (broker or not! :wink:).

I saw in another thread that someone had been told (by a different broker than the one being discussed in this thread) that they “weren’t insured to visit the premises until a deposit had been paid”. I find it amazing that someone would actually be able to spin a line like that with a straight face! It’s almost scary.

Once I’ve been given the all clear on the medical front (fingers crossed) I’ll definitely cast out the net for recommendations; you’re right I think this is probably the best way to go.

Thanks again for the tips, and for the warm reception!

Easy as HGV?

Ah you must mean, the LGV Training Company, Surrey and Hants and the HGV Training Centre. All run by the same directors as Esay as HGV. 4 bites of the cherry. Brokers will say you cant visit “their centre” as you are not insured. You can only visit the centre once you have paid a deposit.

That should get alarm bells ringing straight away. The more people fall for this trick the more the brokers will trade.

I am still confused about the logic where training schools use brokers

If training schools did not use brokers then those wishing to train would then go to a school near them by getting their details from the internet or the phone book so those training schools would not lose out on trainees

Maybe my logic is flawed ?

ROG:
I am still confused about the logic where training schools use brokers

If training schools did not use brokers then those wishing to train would then go to a school near them by getting their details from the internet or the phone book so those training schools would not lose out on trainees

Maybe my logic is flawed ?

The industry as a whole wouldn’t lose out but an individual instructor may do unless they were to be the sole trainer in an area, which I very much doubt would be the case.