Another tragic loss

A lorry driver has been killed in a crash in north Warwickshire.
Three large goods vehicles, one of them a tanker, were involved in the collision on the M6 southbound at Junction 4 shortly after 0200 BST.

The driver of one of the lorries died at the scene and the other two drivers were not injured.

Two lanes of the motorway were closed but reopened at 0919 BST. Warwickshire Police are appealing for witnesses to contact them with information.

I passed through there today some hours after the accident and on returning northbound I saw the vehicles in a yard at the side of the M6 on the southbound side on the 3-2-1 for corley coffeshop.
The XF Daf was a complete mess after what looks like it ran up the back of another truck. Now I can only guess that the driver was probably driving to close to the vehicle in front or at that time of the morning was tired. Whatever happened it is A TOTAL WASTE OF A LIFE just to try and get a load from A-B and not to take the correct precautions to avoid such tragedy.
So come on guys and gals out there on the roads everyday just trying to earn a living, if your tired PULLOVER, if your running late for a booking SO WHAT AND KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE. Its better to get there late and in one piece than not get there at all

My heart and condolences go out to the dead drivers family
Another tragic loss of another fellow trucker.

Paul

condolence’s to the drivers family :cry: :cry: :cry: another sad loss to the industry. :cry: :cry:

yes very sad indeed, my thoughts are with the family :cry: :cry:

Yes our thoughts are with the truckers family at this time…
But we see it all too often…drivers driving too close…not using the mirrors when overtaking…young kids behind the wheel of big trucks…etc…etc…and why do we call them accidents ■■..they should be called purposes…because thats what most of them are …an accident is something which cannot be avoided…and i believe that 99% can be avoided…if only…drivers would drive according to the road conditions he drives on…keeps to the speed limits…doesnt try and overtake a truck that is barely moving faster than himself…thereby blocking off one carriageway for miles on end…this causes frustration…which in turn causes accidents…just take your time and realise that what doesnt get done today…gets done tomorrow…and a bonus system is illegal in the transport industry…so you will not earn anymore by being that bit faster…
have a nice day