Another total waste of time

So yesterday as I drove up to Ben & Jerry’s I was asked by dispatch, “Pat, if we call you at home tomorrow morning and give you an exact time and location can you meet up with a driver coming from the mid west who has a load for Albany NY and will not have the driving time to make it ?”
“Depends where he is going to run out of time”
“West of Albany somewhere” Today I am given the guys number and call him, we arrange to change over at the service area near Little Falls NY at 7.30 pm, I get the call from dispatch again this evening saying the load is very urgent and they will run out of product at 10.00pm so I change over with the guy as planned and drive like the wind (65mph LOL), get there, can’t find a living soul until I come across a maintenance man cleaning some pipes and explain the situation to him. “We don’t accept deliveries between 18.00 and 08.00 so come back in the morning driver”
Another waste of time and money and my Friday morning Ben & Jerry’s load is now messed up.

So in other words, the original driver could have taken 10 off in said services, set off the following morning and got there round about the time they told you to come back with it? Sounds about right.

Yep, and yesterday morning after unloading I called at the Pilot at Newburgh, had a shower and when I came out of the building the same guy was at the pumps, we decided to switch trailers again so I could take my empty sugar trailer into Domino’s and he could take his back to his terminal :laughing:
I also met a little bloke from Yorkshire there who drives for ‘Dart’ he never stopped talking for 30 minutes :laughing:

And also when I called back next morning to deliver I was told they had been waiting all night for the load, when I pointed outthat the night guy had sent me away they were not happy.

Theres nothing like a well run and efficient transport and supply chain is there.

You mean dispatch lied to you Pat?? Surely they don’t do that :unamused: :unamused: