Another tanker crash tonight (M4 Cardiff)

Well we nearly managed a week without one on the Motorways :neutral_face:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout … s-34705380
Wesbound Jnc 32ish
Serious accident involving tanker, van and several cars closes M4 dailym.ai/1l4mezI

I was lucky as I was on that section at 4:20 ish tonight [emoji33]

Me too; must just have missed it as I left Newport about 16.30.

Visibility wasn’t too bad when I passed that area but the forecast was for it to worsen.

Sidevalve:

Visibility wasn’t too bad when I passed that area but the forecast was for it to worsen.

Visibility was OK in Cardiff even at 18:45 so I reckon van or car driver driving like a ■■■■ !

blue estate:

Sidevalve:

Visibility was OK in Cardiff even at 18:45 so I reckon van or car driver driving like a [zb] !

I’m up and down that bit of road at least twice a week, and despite the fact that the road layout’s been the same for as long as I can remember, it still catches drivers out approaching Coryton. Biggest problem is drivers cutting in at the last moment to jump the queue as we both well know.

Looks like a milk tanker to me. That wouldn’t be fun if he was forced to swerve.

blue estate:
I reckon van or car driver driving like a [zb] !

+1

Pimpdaddy:

blue estate:
I reckon van or car driver driving like a [zb] !

+1

If it was they haven’t found them yet, although the driver of the tanker was arrested.

Crane driver died if that means anything to you.

Just said on the news that a man has died after his crane collided with a tanker on the M4 near Cardiff. A woman driver has also died after the tanker collided with her. The tanker driver has been arrested

matt4500:
Just said on the news that a man has died after his crane collided with a tanker on the M4 near Cardiff. A woman driver has also died after the tanker collided with her. The tanker driver has been arrested

According to the bbc the womam has been released from hospital.

Definitely a Wincanton tanker. What an awful sight :frowning: