Another Tacho question.....

One for Coffeholic / Tachograph…

I as you may know drive a 3.5t Maxus for work, however they have hinted that I may now be asked to cover on the 18 tonner :slight_smile:

If I’m asked to drive the 18t, am I right in thinking the rest of my work and van driving that week would have to recorded on printouts/manual charts, even though this work is ‘out of scope’ ?

Hi MADBAZ, that sounds right to me, but I’m told that print-out paper is quite expensive.
The cavalry will be along shortly, if not sooner.:grimacing:

dieseldave:
Hi MADBAZ, that sounds right to me, but I’m told that print-out paper is quite expensive.
The cavalry will be along shortly, if not sooner.:grimacing:

sounds right to me too but you can use cards for the other work days along with the digi when driving on EU regs
The cards require your name, date, start & finish time on a seperate one for each day

What he said :smiley:

Thanks for the replies chaps,
now the only thing I’ll have to master is the 4over4 gearbox, driving with real cargo, getting the flt drivers to load me, the VDO, got the drivers manual for that and reversing into our yard (less than 4" clearance either side) :open_mouth: .

MADBAZ:
Thanks for the replies chaps,
now the only thing I’ll have to master is the 4over4 gearbox, driving with real cargo, getting the flt drivers to load me, the VDO, got the drivers manual for that and reversing into our yard (less than 4" clearance either side) :open_mouth: .

You must be relieved to have the hardest part sorted then :laughing:

MADBAZ:
…now the only thing I’ll have to master is the 4over4 gearbox…

Hi MADBAZ, help is close at hand mate.:grimacing:

Try a little scroll when you follow THIS LINK :wink:

Leave a comment on it if it helps :question: :wink:

Thanx Tachograph

I take it your on about the test? Very glad to have it out of the way, but I’m still surprised I didn’t get a serious/dangerous :blush:
Still can’t drive truck though till license and digi-card are back :cry: Will be asking if I can co pilot with usual driver, for free if need be.

I get the gist of the tacho rules, but I dare say I may trip over on some of the more obscure stuff, thats where you guys come in :smiley: and that’s why I’ve got a Hour guard on order from Davey :smiley:

edit:

Thanks Diesel Dave, I’ve seen the post and understand, esp about selecting switch before going into neutral and selecting next gear across high/low range, but as you may know it’s a bit daunting till you’ve done it. 4over4 does seem a lot easier than the slapover though and probably a little quicker.

I’ve seen the post and understand, esp about selecting switch before going into neutral and selecting next gear across high/low range,

If you KNOW that you are going to change the range then you can flick the switch/button whilst it is still in the present gear slot. It wil not change the range until the stick goes into neutral and it does make the change of range smoother and quicker. This can be done whether going up or down through the range.

Typical senario - start in 2nd, then into 4th and then flick to high range, increase speed in 4th - then, without touching the range switch, go straight into 5th

MADBAZ:
(less than 4" clearance either side) :open_mouth: .

A life of luxury. :laughing: :laughing:

Krankee:

MADBAZ:

:open_mouth: Blimey Krankee, you’re not supposed to mention “luxury,” :wink:

:open_mouth: before we know what has hit us, Denis F will be along with a story of when he lived in a shoe-box in the middle of the road :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I used to dream of 4" clearance on either side… :laughing:

dieseldave:

Krankee:

MADBAZ:

:open_mouth: Blimey Krankee, you’re not supposed to mention “luxury,” :wink:

:open_mouth: before we know what has hit us, Denis F will be along with a story of when he lived in a shoe-box in the middle of the road :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I used to dream of 4" clearance on either side… :laughing:

And you try and tell the young people of today that … they won’t believe you.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo