Another Tacho question

Hope this makes sense,I arrive at work and insert my driver card first thing (no manual entries) and eject my card at the end of the day when I have washed and changed etc,I write these times on my timesheet and also in my diary the display on my tacho shows the correct time as does my printouts,however my transport manager keeps questioning me as to why I always turn up 1 hour later than what I have written on my timesheet,he is reading the data he has downloaded onto his computer,I drive a concrete truck and he is not based where I am so I only see him every few weeks ,seems like the tacho clock is wrong somewhere ,any advice to throw back would be great

Shaunb:
Hope this makes sense,I arrive at work and insert my driver card first thing (no manual entries) and eject my card at the end of the day when I have washed and changed etc,I write these times on my timesheet and also in my diary the display on my tacho shows the correct time as does my printouts,however my transport manager keeps questioning me as to why I always turn up 1 hour later than what I have written on my timesheet,he is reading the data he has downloaded onto his computer,I drive a concrete truck and he is not based where I am so I only see him every few weeks ,seems like the tacho clock is wrong somewhere ,any advice to throw back would be great

Hang on …
Is the timesheet on BST and the tacho on GMT/UTC/ZULU :question: - if yes then that is why - TM should know that as its basic stuff

yes the timesheet is british summertime as is the display on the tacho but if I put my card in at 7am he asks why am I not starting work till 8am

Shaunb:
yes the timesheet is british summertime as is the display on the tacho but if I put my card in at 7am he asks why am I not starting work till 8am

What a dumbass of a TM - all tachos record and download/print in UTC/GMT not BST or any other timezone

ADD - does TM also notice that you are finishing 1 hour differently !!!

E mail stating my times are correct and he needs to sort it his end ,Dumbass TM :smiley:

Thanks for the advice though

Shaunb:

It should be the other way round.
Eg. if you start work at 07:00 BST the tachograph will record this as 06:00 UTC.

The tachograph always records in UTC, no matter what timezone you are in.
You can change the local time to the current timezone to make it easier for you to work with by having that on the display. You can also choose to do printouts in local time (on newer tachographs at least), but any needed for legal records should be done in UTC.

If you want to check the UTC time is set correctly do a printout and it will be on there in the header data. It should be one hour behind BST.

I will check it with a print out in the morning I think its showing UTC same as current time,but hopefully clear it up tomorrow and update on here

So I checked my tacho which is showing utc same as current time so all good seems like something is going wrong when its being downloaded wirelessly to his records,I am printing off at the end of every day for proof of times to hopefully shut him up, he’s asked me to train a new driver next week also :confused:

Shaunb:
So I checked my tacho which is showing utc same as current time so all good seems like something is going wrong when its being downloaded wirelessly to his records,I am printing off at the end of every day for proof of times to hopefully shut him up, he’s asked me to train a new driver next week also :confused:

UTC should be showing 1 hour different to actual time right now so are you looking at the current time on the display or have you done a printout to see what time is actually being recorded :question: