Another tacho question

I’m newly qualified and managed to get a couple of days work until I manage to find a full time job.

Question is:

I’m working Tues and Weds. When I enter my drivers card in for the first time the following Tuesday do I need to write a manual entry in and if so what?

Thanks

Depends on whether or not you have anything to manually enter.

If you do any work after pulling your card on Wednesday it should be manually entered into the tachograph when you next insert the card the following Tuesday.
For instance, if you pull your card on Wednesday then spend half hour in the office handing in the keys and being de-briefed ec’t, the time should be manually entered into the tachograph the next time you insert your driver card, some people don’t bother but you are supposed to.

The one thing you, as someone who’s new to using tachographs, should not do, is to put the card in and leave the tachograph to do it’s own thing while you do something else, if you don’t do manual entries watch the tachograph and keep an eye on what it’s recording for the time you wasn’t at work, otherwise you could find it booking other work for all your days off … and that’s not good :wink:

If you do any work that’s not HGV driving on Thursday to Monday the work should be manually recorded on charts or printouts, or a log book if you work in-scope of domestic regulations.

Good luck with the job :wink:

I gathered as much and yes I’ll be entering logs manually if needed [emoji106]