Another split rest

I feel i should know this but as i don’t really have to worry about long hours etc its gone out of my brain :blush:

We have recently gone 4 on 2 off, As we have the chance to do a extra shift i quickly thought at first we could do a extra shift every other week. Then another driver pointed out if had Sun/Monday off you could not do Tues / Wed /Thurs / Friday then a extra shift Saturday Sunday rest and back in Monday as the first Sun / Mond off is counted as a split rest because its not in the same week :open_mouth:

Also if the week starts sunday midnight and i’m a night driver not finishing whilst Monday morning i’m never going to work it out :laughing:

danny_mk2:
Then another driver pointed out if had Sun/Monday off you could not do Tues / Wed /Thurs / Friday then a extra shift Saturday Sunday rest and back in Monday as the first Sun / Mond off is counted as a split rest because its not in the same week :open_mouth:

Tell the other driver he’s talking rubbish :unamused:

A weekly rest that falls in two weeks (Sunday/Monday) can count for either week but not both, it’s still a regular weekly rest as long as it’s 45 hours or more regardless of the fact that all 45 hours don’t fall in the same week :wink:

If the rest period is more than 24 hours but less than 45 hours it’s a reduced weekly rest regardless of whether or not the whole rest period falls in the same week.

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers i wanted to tell him he was talking rubbish but he was so convincing i just started to doubt myself. Like i say not had to really worry about tacho regs only the basics. So am i right in thinking that on a 4 on 2 off i could work a fith shift every other 4 on?

Cheers

Depends, how long is your usual weekly rest ?

Remember that if you reduced your weekly rest to say 30 hours which is a reduction of 15 hours you have to pay back those 15 hours by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest was taken so you need to plan how you will pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods.
Having said that you would usually be able to work a 5th shift every other 4 on unless you have particularly long shifts resulting in not particularly long weekly rest periods.

Cheers there not that long the shifts probably usually over 60 hrs on a rest period, I’m actually only wanting to do one a month (well i say want more need lol) so i should be well within :smiley: