Another silly snowflake question

Anything else you can do?

Nope and have a ■■■■ em attitude to it. If anyone moans at you then refer them to the company in question, say you have to do it this way it’s not your fault if they have an issue Then tell them to request to speak to management of the place your at. Until procedures change there’s nothing you can do. Not your problem.

I’ve been reversing across roads for years & you just need to get on with it , once you start to dither your in trouble , hazards on and reverse , yes you’ll get the odd one who will drive behind you ( but 99.9% ) know there going to come off worse in the event of a collision , so will stop
As for getting security , have these drivers suggesting this really drove a lorry , as all a security / banksman will do is stand where you can’t see him

dozy:
I’ve been reversing across roads for years & you just need to get on with it , once you start to dither your in trouble , hazards on and reverse , yes you’ll get the odd one who will drive behind you ( but 99.9% ) know there going to come off worse in the event of a collision , so will stop
As for getting security , have these drivers suggesting this really drove a lorry , as all a security / banksman will do is stand where you can’t see him

Have a day off doze ffs. :unamused: …Jeez.
When there is no alternative, yes, …you have to just get on with it, but if the opportunity is there where somebody can watch you, surely you take advantage of that.
The security man/banksman (or ■■■■ ice cream man) can monitor traffic and warn them there’s a ■■■■ big truck about to cross their path. :unamused:
Nobody is suggesting they are there to tell you what to do. :unamused:
Surely even you can see and admit that it’s better than just blindly crossing a main road and hoping for the best.
Many a time if I’m backing out on to a road for instance,.I’ll say …‘Just watch me out mate please’’ not because I’m incapable, but because it’s safer. :bulb:

Socketset:

robroy:
Hey Franglai I kid you not, the [zb] s will tell you anything to get their stuff, then panic when they see the size of the truck in their yards. :unamused:

When I was contracted to the local electric company we used to take plant and equipment out to farms for an upgrade or a new install.

I did a job a couple of years ago near Stalbridge, Dorset - got there early with the new transformers and such like. Had to wait as the farmyard had an artic flat bed in it, just finished unloading a sectional building.

How the guy got it in there and screwed it round looked almost impossible. Turning in off the road would have been hard work and after that it got worse.

Lancashire firm if I remember - older guy.

Would that have been you, Rob? Per chance.

Probably Wareings of Preston