Another silly one on incab lighting

How do i switch the main incab lights in scania r480 07 plate?

I think i have tried every switch and all they do is turn on the red night lights in different combinations. However the main big white lights are always off and there is no button on or around and them. Feel silly tbh and suspect they are faulty

Priest:
How do i switch the main incab lights in scania r480 07 plate?

I think i have tried every switch and all they do is turn on the red night lights in different combinations. However the main big white lights are always off and there is no button on or around and them. Feel silly tbh and suspect they are faulty

is there one in the bunk area, I know on some models there was and if that’s off nothing works

Cant see any mate, just two adjustable reading lights

Ah look on the passenger door I remember having to play with various switches to get them in sequence

There was a switch indeed, but again, only red lights been affected

Do lights come on when opening doors ?

Possible blown bulbs if not , if they do then it’s play with switches to get in right sequence

can’t say for sure now, suspect no, they did not come on.

i will confirm if i get that unit again.

thanks for helping :slight_smile:

No experience of Scanias at all - but on our old Daf CFs there was a switch low down on the right (i.e. easily reached when standing outside the driver’s door) which killed all the interior lights regardless of the positions of their individual switches. Possibly there’s something similar in your Scania?

Roymondo:
a switch low down on the right (i.e. easily reached when standing outside the driver’s door)

can you re-word please as i don’t seem to understand where that is? sorry

The switch in question was to the right of the steering wheel and low down on the dash - so it could easily be reached when standing on the ground if you only realised you’d left the interior lights switched on after exiting the cab.

ah, i see now, thanks. will check if get that unit again