Another question

My week started with a 19:45 start on Sunday, I worked the same on Monday, nothing tuesday and started 18:00 last night, I start again 02:00 tomorow morning.

I think I’ve messed up as I’ve agreed to start a shift 15:30 on Saturday, I’ve only just got up so I’m not thinking too clearly yet but to my mind I can only work until midnight Saturday night which, I doubt will be long enough, am I right?

darkseeker:
My week started with a 19:45 start on Sunday, I worked the same on Monday, nothing tuesday and started 18:00 last night, I start again 02:00 tomorow morning.

I think I’ve messed up as I’ve agreed to start a shift 15:30 on Saturday, I’ve only just got up so I’m not thinking too clearly yet but to my mind I can only work until midnight Saturday night which, I doubt will be long enough, am I right?

The period between finishing Tuesday morning and restarting at 18:00 Wednesday was over 24 hours so can be used as a reduced weekly rest period so a new period of six 24 hours periods began at 18:00 Wednesday.

So as long as you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest last week you will be OK, you will of course need to have a regular weekly next week and repay the compensation for the reduced weekly rest within 3 weeks starting next Monday.

Doh! Was a reduced weekly rest at the weekend just gone, was a full one the one before that though. I finished just before 2 this morning so just about manage another 24 in there.

Think I’d best give em a ring :blush:

darkseeker:
Doh! Was a reduced weekly rest at the weekend just gone, was a full one the one before that though. I finished just before 2 this morning so just about manage another 24 in there.

Think I’d best give em a ring :blush:

If you never had a full weekly rest period anytime last week then you need to start a 45 hour weekly rest sometime before 24:00 Sunday, so you can still do the Saturday shift if you want to as long as you start a 45 hour rest after the shift.

edit:
Sorry if my previous post gave the impression that you wouldn’t be able to do the Saturday shift :wink:

Start times 15:30 mate so I need to find out if I can be all done and on the way home by midnight (8.5hrs), thanks again tacho; a push in the right direction is always appreciated.

darkseeker:
Start times 15:30 mate so I need to find out if I can be all done and on the way home by midnight (8.5hrs), thanks again tacho; a push in the right direction is always appreciated.

Why do you need to be finished by midnight Saturday :confused:

You had a reduced weekly rest on Wednesday which started a new six 24 hour periods, so if you didn’t need a 45 hour weekly rest you could carry on until next Tuesday (disregarding the rest you’re on now).
However you do need a 45 hour weekly rest this week and that rest must be started no later then 23:59 Sunday.

The week runs Monday to Sunday remember :wink:

Because I had a reduced weekly rest last weekend, I thought I couldn’t have another until I’d had a full 45hrs (within 3weeks of course). May be wrong though?

Problem solved though, not doing the 2am tonight so I’ll get a 45hr with compensation for last weekend so alls good. Had to fight for it though and what you told me earlier was invaluable, thankyou!

darkseeker:
Because I had a reduced weekly rest last weekend, I thought I couldn’t have another until I’d had a full 45hrs (within 3weeks of course). May be wrong though?

You can have two or more consecutive reduced weekly rests as long as you have a full weekly rest at least every other week.
If you have two reduced weekly rests in the same week and not a regular weekly rest you will only need to compensate for one of the reductions.

Sounds like you got a good solution anyway though.

Think I get it, thanks mate.

Okay…

Sunday 19:45 to 3am iirc
Monday 19:45 to 3am ish
Wednesday 18:00 to 2am
Saturday 15:15 to 00:30

Next week starts with a 19:45 so isn’t quite a 45hr, can I do that? Or does it depend if I got a full 45 the weekend before last?

I’m pretty sure I can because I had more than 45hrs between 2am Thursday and 15:15 Wednesday, sound right to you?

darkseeker:
Okay…

Sunday 19:45 to 3am iirc
Monday 19:45 to 3am ish
Wednesday 18:00 to 2am
Saturday 15:15 to 00:30

Next week starts with a 19:45 so isn’t quite a 45hr, can I do that? Or does it depend if I got a full 45 the weekend before last?

I’m pretty sure I can because I had more than 45hrs between 2am Thursday and 15:15 Wednesday, sound right to you?

Yes. Weekly rest periods don’t have to be at weekends so the more than 45 hours you got between 02:00 Thursday and starting on Saturday counts as a full weekly rest for that week. You won’t need another full weekly rest until the week after this coming week.

Cheers coffee,

I’ll get the hang of it eventually :blush: