Another Question for Livapudlians

Just before you reach the Coach Station in Liverpool, I spotted a large poster which had been put up by the “Wirrel Defence Party” or something like that. This wasn’t graffiti, but a professionally made political advertising poster.

Anyway in big letters it said “Keep Scousers out of The Wirril”, & had a picture of the Liverpool Stork with a big cross through it. :astonished: :exclamation:

Can anyone tell me what’s kicked this off ? I’m amazed it even allowed to be put up as it got to be some sort of racism. Imagine if they had put “Keep Blacks, or Muslims” insted of Scousers, there would be uproar.
The other thing that puzzles me, is asuming there is some sort of “Scouse out” feeling by the residents of The Wirrel, why would you put this poster up in Liverpool City Centre, where all it will do is offend the locals, & do nothing to influence your supposed target audience ?

It is to do with a play on at the Everyman which is a sequel to Brick up the Mersey Tunnel

http://www.scousefreewirral.co.uk/1.html#

Yeah, after a bit of Googling it looks like it’s an expensive & crap joke. :unamused:

love the abbreviation :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Has anyone been to the Wirral ? I’ll happily stay out.

[quote=“Secretelephant”) where all it will do is offend the locals,?[/quote]
Precisely!!. That is what it is intended to do. Annoy the ZBs. :laughing: :laughing: Look at Deathstar,s post. He,s from over dare. eeze well offended ee iz. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Secretelephant:
Just before you reach the Coach Station in Liverpool, I spotted a large poster which had been put up by the “Wirrel Defence Party” or something like that. This wasn’t graffiti, but a professionally made political advertising poster.

Anyway in big letters it said “Keep Scousers out of The Wirril”, & had a picture of the Liverpool Stork with a big cross through it. :astonished: :exclamation:

Can anyone tell me what’s kicked this off ? I’m amazed it even allowed to be put up as it got to be some sort of racism. Imagine if they had put “Keep Blacks, or Muslims” insted of Scousers, there would be uproar.
The other thing that puzzles me, is asuming there is some sort of “Scouse out” feeling by the residents of The Wirrel, why would you put this poster up in Liverpool City Centre, where all it will do is offend the locals, & do nothing to influence your supposed target audience ?

“Liverpool Stork” ? It’s a Liver Bird,…what ever a Liver Bird is.

IMHO, it’s obviously tongue-in-cheek, simply because the initials wouldn’t work with both tunnels. :wink:

Although it’s his right to do so, it’s a shame that Deathstar feels the way he does… cos if there was anything much wrong with the Wirral, I wouldn’t live there. :smiley:

I have to say that even though I live on the Wirral, my Dad (RIP) was a Scouser.
I have many Scouse friends and never had a problem with any of them, so I can’t see a serious issue here chaps. :smiley: