Another question about wtd i think

So finally i have everything in place. Got my digicard yesterday opened my ltd account today and i called about 5 agencies today. 1st call 1st offer lolzz. 10.50/h driving for matthew clarke starting monday 6am. Called another agency offered me a job starting tomorrow for 10/h.

My question is:
Can i work fri sat sun and than all next week mon to fri?

The period that i did not do any work since they sent me the digicard can count as weekly rest (forexample mon to wed) ?

BTW that’s on class 2.

The max you can work I believe is six days before having to take a weekly rest period/ reduced rest.

No you cant work straight though. The maximum period between the end of one weekly rest period and the start of the next is 144 hours (6 daily driving periods). So if you start work on Friday at 6am you must start a weekly rest by 6am thursday the following week.

Hope this helps

And if i do like fri sat than sunday off can it count like a split weekly rest?

As long as you have 24hours off over the weekend you can count that as a reduced weekly rest then start your week again. Remember you may only have one reduced rest period in a fortnight so next weekly rest must be 45 hours and you must compensate by adding any reduction to a rest period of at least 9 hours. Complicated isnt it :unamused:

Thank you for replay but i was wandering if i can count mon tue wed as first part of weekly rest and sunday as second (so split not reduced weekly rest) so i can work mon to sat next week and use the reduced weekly rest next week

sfantu:
Thank you for replay but i was wandering if i can count mon tue wed as first part of weekly rest and sunday as second (so split not reduced weekly rest) so i can work mon to sat next week and use the reduced weekly rest next week

Right,heres what I would do. The wtd runs Sunday midnight to sunday midnight,so the best way to make most money would be to work Friday & Saturday - then take Sunday off. Then go to the other Employer and work Monday to Saturday ,then have a full weekly rest. (plus the amount owed from the Sunday reduced rest).
This will maximise your earnings whilst remaining legal. (Without sailing too close to the wind)

sfantu:

There is no split weekly rest - it is either a reduced or a regular

Post on here what you have worked and intend working starting on Monday 13th October

Example - starting mon 13th
mon off
tue off
wed work
thu work
fri off
sat work

you get the idea

I did not do any work mon tue wed. Tomorrow is my 1st shift ever as a driver. Thats why i am in a little doubt. That was my question from the begining. Being my 1st shift ever as driver can i count mon tue wed (13,14,15,16) as weekly rest ?. If i can means i can work fri and sat have sun off than work mon to sat next week have sun off as reduced weekly rest.
M i correct?

sfantu:
I did not do any work mon tue wed. Tomorrow is my 1st shift ever as a driver. Thats why i am in a little doubt. That was my question from the begining. Being my 1st shift ever as driver can i count mon tue wed (13,14,15,16) as weekly rest ?. If i can means i can work fri and sat have sun off than work mon to sat next week have sun off as reduced weekly rest.
M i correct?

Yes those 3 days would be rest and you can work Fri & Sat have Sun off as a reduced weekly rest and then work Mon to Sat next week but after next Sat you’d need at least 45 hrs off.

sfantu:
M i correct?

Mon to thu off = regular weekly rest for the fixed week ending this sunday midnight

You can work this fri and sat then take sun off and do mon to sat next week if you want to

What you cannot do is work fri to fri inclusive because that would be well more than the max 144 hours allowed between weekly rests

Thanks for replay all… got it

It also depends on the timings are your shifts. It could be possible to work every day Friday to Friday as long as you have a period of 24 hours at some point in the middle e.g. if you finished work by 06:00 on Sunday and didn’t start again until 06:00 on Monday.

bald bloke:

sfantu:
M i correct?

Yes those 3 days would be rest and you can work Fri & Sat have Sun off as a reduced weekly rest and then work Mon to Sat next week but after next Sat you’d need at least 45 hrs off.

He would only need actually need a 24 off after next Sat, as he would have had a full weekly rest period in week 1 (Mon - Wed) so could reduce in week 2.