Another qualified instructor

Congratulations to our Peterborough instructor, Dave, who passed both his qualifying practical tests today to join the DVSA LGV Driving Instructor Register. Both at the first attempt so that’s hard to beat. This brings our staffing qualifications back to 100% fully qualified and registered at both our sites.

It’s perfectly possible to train without being on the register; but this does confirm the ability to do the job to an acknowledged standard.

Well done Dave.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well done to Dave and anyone who passes this exam :smiley:

Over the years I have met many instructors who used to be registered but are not now and the reason given is that they do not see the point

Others have decided not to bother in the first place as they see no benefits from being on it

I wonder what potential punters think :question:

i did my training in peterborough last week with Dave,nice bloke excelante trainer

Well done to Dave, passed my Cat C with his training and advice. Hopefully he’ll still be there when I come back to do my C+E :slight_smile:

Congrats to Dave, passed my “c” with him a couple of weeks ago and going back for “c+e” later this month :slight_smile:

Well done to Dave and also to Peter who I know takes pride in offering the highest standards he can.

That’s not to say there aren’t some excellent trainers that are not on the DVSA register but it does show candidates that the trainer has proven a high level of both driving and instructional ability.

I would just like to thank you all for your kind words.
And I have learnt from this process, sitting there looking at Pete lost for words, I’m never normally that bad.
I really do think that there should be a qualification before anyone can set up a training company, In Peterborough you can’t move for training companies.
Like ROG says I know of some very good instructors without this qualification. I’ve only been doing this for less than 2 years.
For those who are still working towards there licence keep up the observation and don’t rush, Pete knows some more to this but I won’t include it on here.

Thanks
David