another one

what is it with these companies doing pallet work? yet another one goes

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … nistration

I’m sure they’ll be popping up under a new name .
goes to show nice tidy motors don’t mean well kept and legal

following a visit by a DVSA (formerly Vosa and the DSA) vehicle examiner which uncovered a series of maintenance failings.

A driver employed by Heathcliff was also convicted and fined for two drivers’ hours offences in August 2012.

The business was sold in a pre-pack deal in 2010 after it had incurred significant debts to HMRC

Because they all think its guaranteed money. I remember when pallex first took off now there about 5 all competing for the same work.

Its sad for the drivers and other non-management staff when a company goes to the wall, as they will often have no blame for the situation. That said, if you look at the overall picture - having gone wobbly before, and with the VOSA investigation and subsequent prosecution to add, its probably been a sinking ship for sometime.

I think there are more than five pallet networks i bet its nearer 15
lets count em

The thing with networks is it’s split 3 ways. What you put in, which comes off of your invoice, the trunk itself, and the final delivery of other members stuff. The key to being a successful member, is to put as much in as possible. The networks set a price, you put your profit on. That’s your money safe. ie, network charges £37 so you charge £50. £13 in your coffers. The network give you, going on what my firm got in 2008, £500 for a round trip trunk. Every pallet on the decker pays you £17 on top to cover onward delivery. So if you manage to get 60 pallets each way, with 5 trucks feeding it, you could earn £3500 a day after your deductions from your invoice, but you’ve got 6 vehicles, 6 lots of diesel and 6 wages to find everyday. The ones that go pop are usually the ones who are so desperate to get in, they take a postcode 50 miles away, not to clever to make it a 100 mile trip plus deliveries on less than £200 of revenue. And if you haven’t got enough customers to feed it, you’re on a hiding to nothing

jessicas dad:
Because they all think its guaranteed money. I remember when pallex first took off now there about 5 all competing for the same work.

Pallex was by no means the first despite what “herself” claims :wink:

gardun:

jessicas dad:

Pallex was by no means the first despite what “herself” claims :wink:

I don’t think jd meant they were the first, merely when he first remembered them. But as for the mothertrucker, always makes me laugh when she says they were the first, but then tells everyone she was working for another network when she started pallex :stuck_out_tongue: