Another one on FH

Right, so

1. The small abs warmimg with “1” on the right - does it refer to the trailer abs or what?

2. Two air tanks have different pressure. Is this normal and if yes why would they be different?

3. There is also a warning “check brake system at next stop”. Whats that about as the lorry brakes fine. Pads close to beimg worn out?

1. Yes your right the ABS1 light refers to the trailer ABS system.

2. My 2012 FH used to have different pressures but not that much difference, both were in the green, not sure what caused it but it never caused problems.

3. My 2012 FH used to display the check brakes message regularly but there was never a problem and after stopping and restarting it would go off for a while. It was serviced at volvo and they could never find a problem with it. Yours could be caused by the difference in air pressure or the ABS lights.

cheers

Hi, there is a good chance that your brake warning message, abs light, and excessive pressure on one of your air circuits are all connected.
With such high pressure in one tank, and if your abs 1 light is on all the time, or intermittently, it’s possible that the pressure limit ing valves on the tractor unit have failed. This results in excessive pressure being fed to the trailer, and the trailer abs/EBS module sends the message back to the tractor unit ecu.
If you pull your own trailers, get it fixed ASAP, as it will cause the trailer ecu to commit suicide, and they are expensive.
Also, if the man with the wee hammer sees these lights not going out it will be a case of “just park it over there driver”!
Get a diagnostic check done on a coupled up trailer, if that’s the problem, they’ll spot it right away. The valves are not expensive, at least compared to an ecu.!!!

hey John,

so basically you are saying that the gauge staying above the green area is excessive pressure and needs to be looked at, unfortunately i have not defected this particular problem, only the abs light.

good to be on the forum, you live and learn, thank you

How now? Yes, assuming that the gauge itself is not faulty, I think the pressure is way too high.
Is the abs light on all the time, or only when you have a trailer connected?
Either way, get it checked, it can do a lot of damage.

I will when i get booked for them again, probably this weekend the same run to swansea