Another one killed

Another one killed in Lndon, this time in Camberwell. I know this area well, as I used to live in Camberwell. Quite a tight turn into Albany Road which is normally fairly quiet. Looking at the pic, the truck had already made most if its turn,

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … lorry.html

Also another injured in Camden.

What’s the answer?? :confused:

bazza123:
Another one killed in Lndon, this time in Camberwell. I know this area well, as I used to live in Camberwell. Quite a tight turn into Albany Road which is normally fairly quiet. Looking at the pic, the truck had already made most if its turn,

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … lorry.html

Also another injured in Camden.

What’s the answer?? :confused:

Stop all vehicle movements. :open_mouth:

The most popular comments on that article mainly focused on cyclists behaviour.

Maybe they need to pass a bylaw for London, rush it through as an emergency; no filtering or undertaking near heavy good vehicles in London. Also the red light fiasco needs urgent attention with cyclists flying through. I’m not saying noone else is to blame but surely something has to be done?

Madness , I can only imagine some of the cyclists have no perception of other vehicles on the road.

The BBC news site seems to have an unbiased view… sorry no idea how to do links…

Rip to the fella an thoughts with his family an the truck driver.

Have to agree with Bazza …something has to be done… not sure what though.

I was driving down Edgeware road & Park lane a week ago with a wide load,markers each corner,flashing light & had cyclist up the inside under the load. Leave cyclist alone. There’s always a shortage of organs,just make em carry donor cards by law !

Another tipper. ffs!

I would like to see the mayor produce a video of the bad cyclists and have it shown on primetime TV.
Sadly, because cyclists have been allowed to do what they want, they are reaping the what they have sown.

I was following a police car tonight down a dark road, ahead of us was a young lad dressed in black, on a bike with no lights on, and the police car drove straight past. I would of liked to see the police let his tyres down so he has to walk!!

rambo19:
Another tipper. ffs!

I would like to see the mayor produce a video of the bad cyclists and have it shown on primetime TV.
Sadly, because cyclists have been allowed to do what they want, they are reaping the what they have sown.

I was following a police car tonight down a dark road, ahead of us was a young lad dressed in black, on a bike with no lights on, and the police car drove straight past. I would of liked to see the police let his tyres down so he has to walk!!

Yeah the police don’t seem that bothered tbh. The problem is tha cycling (which I enjoy) is totally unregulated in that any fool can jump on a bike, no licence required! I nderstand you can be done for drunk charge and fined for red light breaking, but not many are I reckon. This is going to be a difficult nut to crack.

Also the cycling lobby is very powerful and will resist any attempts at some form of mandated training etc