Another newbie just landed a job!

Hi all.
After passing my cat c on Valentine’s day and cpc 4 on February 17th I got my cv in order and sent it off to about 20 haulage firms in my area.
I got a call after a couple of days asking me to go and see a firm. Wow, this is easy I thought. Turned out they were looking for a class 1 driver. Error on their part. Gutted was an understatement!

Anyway, I carried on applying and not hearing back from people. It did get very disheartening. Early this week I received a call from a local firm saying a role might be coming up and would I be interested. Oh most definitely yes!

Thursday came and I had not heard back. I was starting to wonder if they’d found someone. Got a call later that morning asking me to attend an interview that afternoon. I did and was offered job yesterday.

I will have to start on a sprinter flatbed to learn the ropes and then on to the 17 tonne and then the 26 tonne. Can’t wait!

Just keep plugging away and it will happen. I am not very good at the waiting game. It has been less than a month but seemed a lot longer to secure a permanent job!

Good luck to all of you looking for work. Make it happen. It will if you want it to enough.

Will

Well done that man. Another newbie with a permanent job!

Hope it all goes well.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete. Less than 3 weeks is all it took, so perhaps things are on the up.

Will