Another new driver

Hi I’m new to this.
I’ve been looking at your forum for a while now but never got round to posting anything.Only passed my class 1 in oct 08 and like my instructor said “now is when you start learn to drive”. Reversing wasn’t my strong point but did a few days in Class 1 and 1st day reverse in a tight yard with tree,parked cars,forklifts and pedestrians walking about.Well made my pants turned brown. A lot differant to the trafic cones i reversed between on my test. I’ve picked up a lot of info on this sight glad my friend told me about it.
Cheers :smiley:

welcome andrewm :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome Andrew, don’t worry too much about the reversing, everybody has to learn, the best bit of advice that I was given by an old hand, was to forget about all the knobs who love to watch and wait for the inevitable ■■■■ up, just get on with it. One day you will jump into the cab and reverse as if it is second nature, sure, it takes a while, and yes you will still make mistakes, but with everything else, the more you do, the easier it gets.

andrew m:
Hi I’m new to this.
I’ve been looking at your forum for a while now but never got round to posting anything.Only passed my class 1 in oct 08 and like my instructor said “now is when you start learn to drive”. Reversing wasn’t my strong point but did a few days in Class 1 and 1st day reverse in a tight yard with tree,parked cars,forklifts and pedestrians walking about.Well made my pants turned brown. A lot differant to the trafic cones i reversed between on my test. I’ve picked up a lot of info on this sight glad my friend told me about it.
Cheers :smiley:

so does that mean you’ve got a job? or just had a few days work? i passed my class 1 in november and not driven one since

so does that mean you’ve got a job? or just had a few days work? i passed my class 1 in november and not driven one since

No i haven’t got a job at the moment just did a few days . Am currently signed up to 4 agencies still had no luck with jobs although did do a few weeks over christmas in a warehouse as a packer.monies money and when you’ve got none you do anything thats around.

Thanks Pete-b
There were a few other drivers around and i did get a round of applause when i’d finished. 1 of the guys who watched my back said he’d av chucked in the towel. It felt good when i’d finished though and ready for the next day.

Well done mate and welcome.

That’s the thing mate, if you are unsure, get out and check, or ask some one to watch you back, some folks are reluctant to offer tho, I saw a guy struggling to reverse onto a bay once, and after a while offered to watch him back saying I knew how difficult it was when you first start out, only to be yelled at, turns out he’d been drivin artics before I was born :open_mouth:

ooops! but did he still let you help him you’d av thought he would be graetfull of the help.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome andrew m :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC and much more…

Only passed my class 1 in oct 08

A belated…

:smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Rog i’ve been waiting for that all day.
Could have had a days work from agency tomorrow but the boss isn’t going to be there to show me how to opperate the tipper truck.So back to waiting and looking again.

andrew m:
Thanks Rog i’ve been waiting for that all day.
Could have had a days work from agency tomorrow but the boss isn’t going to be there to show me how to opperate the tipper truck.So back to waiting and looking again.

keep trying, I know it aint easy.

PS - I gave you an ARTIC pass banner assuming it was not a W&D pass.

Yeh you’re correct it was ARTIC i passed. I did a driving assesment in a w&d last week it felt a little weird esp when turning right cos you can’t see the front nearside of the trailer.The drive went well and he said had a confident drive.Stillhaven’t heard anything from them though. Have you any tips in case i get to drive one again.

andrew m:
Yeh you’re correct it was ARTIC i passed. I did a driving assesment in a w&d last week it felt a little weird esp when turning right cos you can’t see the front nearside of the trailer.The drive went well and he said had a confident drive.Stillhaven’t heard anything from them though. Have you any tips in case i get to drive one again.

Never driven one on the public highway :open_mouth: