Another muppet driving a tanker

I was going northbound on the M1 this morning (Thursday) when as I approahed the entry slip from Hemel Hempstead a tanker came round the bend on the slip to pull onto the M1 north.

I tried to pull over to the middle lane but there was 2 artics alongside me so I had nowhere to go.

But as I pass the tanker driver he’s giving me the coffee ad hand shake :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

What did this muppet want me to do ? Stop in lane 1 to let him out? Or side swipe the 2 wagons alongside me ? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Time was that tanker drivers were the creme de la creme ,This div were even the steam off my sweat :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

i agree when people join the motorway they should adjust to to speed of the traffic not expect us to move over and at least look at the situation when join there are fool,s on the road :open_mouth:

Can’t remember what day it was now, nor where it was, but I was on the M6 somewhere on a downhill stretch - perhaps round Keele service area - and I had a Shell logo’d day cab Scania and a Shell logo’d tanker come past doing around 65 mph down the hill :open_mouth: and by the fact that the lift-axle was down plus the speed he was going at I would wager that he was fully loaded :open_mouth: . The traffic was pretty heavy too and I just couldn’t believe the stupidity of it.

All it would take is for a tyre to blow on the unit or some dozy car driver to cut in front for example and the results don’t bear thinking about :open_mouth: .

I can’t believe the driving of some of these tanker drivers either, they must be on piece work the way they drive. :open_mouth:

Had the same happen to me this morning on the a42 at Ashby,moved over to let M.R.S. vehicle on and the prat kept with me instead of letting me in(common courtesy i would have thought).Looked at each other called him a TWiT, and he just stared at me like i had a problem.Must have been from the agency as he did not have a uniform on.As for tanker drivers it is only a matter of time before one rolls over at jcn 9 at Hams Hall,if i hadto drive like that to earn a living ,i’d jack!

stupid tanker driver
truckweb.ca/images/PauleMarc … anker1.jpg

I thought the phrase was “Person indulging in self abuse, in a tanker”.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

I rest my case :laughing: :exclamation:

jase:
Had the same happen to me this morning on the a42 at Ashby,moved over to let M.R.S. vehicle on and the prat kept with me instead of letting me in(common courtesy i would have thought)!

that really grips my ■■■

know what you mean about m42 j9 with tankers heading to the refinery, drive like ■■■■■■ they should take a leaf out of the sainsbury drivers books.

i wish people would remember that a motorway sliproad has a give way at the bottom its only out of courtesey that we pull into lane 2 if we can.if ya think its bad at junction 9 try junction 10 were they come onto the island from kinsbury .it stopped being the ceme de la creme of jobs when the oil companies bought in multi nationals like exel ,wincanton, and lately hoyer to do the transport for them which in turn over time have brought the wages down aswell as the benifits

Carl:
it stopped being the ceme de la creme of jobs when the oil companies bought in multi nationals like exel ,wincanton, and lately hoyer to do the transport for them which in turn over time have brought the wages down aswell as the benifits

Thats very true Carl. My old boss ran a company in Oldham. J R Townson and Sons Ltd. They had the Esso contract from Trafford Park and Weaste. His drivers were paid at the rates agreed by Oil Trades and Esso.

The major benefit his drivers had was that he didnt buy crinkle cut Scammels :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s going back a few years now, but a group of us are running some rental units back to Norwich from Milton Keynes & where the A14 slip road joins A428 an idiot in a loaded Coach decided to try & force his way off the A14 slip road & into the side of the unit in front of me.
The zb driving the Coach missed my mate by less than than 6 inches & that was despite his moving as far to the right as he could, the offside lane being busy, the Coach having failed to bully his way in then only just managed to miss the slip road Armco as he braked hard in what remained of the slip road.
And then people wonder why accidents happen & why some kill & injure so many.
The simple answer is morons with deriving licences all too often.

Leaving Leicester this morning (Friday) at 08:15, just came of the A563 ring road from Braunstone end, crossed over lights and moved into the 3rd lane marked M69 and M1 North. Tanker comes level with me on 4th lane marked M1 North. So Ok, I got a bit of weight I pulled off slowly when lights turned to green and he promptly goes like a bat out of hell, past me, then cuts in front of me and goes on to M69…

A Gross ignoramus, 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus."

There are two main groups of truckers… Those who are tanker drivers and those who want to be tanker drivers… I’d prefer to be pulling a tanker on a windy, stormy day anytime…

I get frustrated when members of this website stereotype drivers i.e. tanker, tipper etc. There are good and bad drivers of every make of vehicle and type… Am I getting through to some of you muppets?

I have just seen another muppet driving a tanker :stuck_out_tongue:

James Bond in a KW driving on 2 wheels. Im just not having that.

Wet Milk:
There are two main groups of truckers… Those who are tanker drivers and those who want to be tanker drivers… I’d prefer to be pulling a tanker on a windy, stormy day anytime…

I get frustrated when members of this website stereotype drivers i.e. tanker, tipper etc. There are good and bad drivers of every make of vehicle and type… Am I getting through to some of you muppets?

Yes but tanker drivers pulling 25,000 of flammable liquid tend to stick out in the crowd ! :unamused:

laybybobb:
Can’t remember what day it was now, nor where it was, but I was on the M6 somewhere on a downhill stretch - perhaps round Keele service area - and I had a Shell logo’d day cab Scania and a Shell logo’d tanker come past doing around 65 mph down the hill :open_mouth: and by the fact that the lift-axle was down plus the speed he was going at I would wager that he was fully loaded :open_mouth: . The traffic was pretty heavy too and I just couldn’t believe the stupidity of it.

All it would take is for a tyre to blow on the unit or some dozy car driver to cut in front for example and the results don’t bear thinking about :open_mouth: .

Yeah they used to regularly pass everyone on the A13, going to or fro coryton. I think they were shell. And there as dangerous empty as loaded, vapour ignites not liquid :open_mouth: I’m waiting to be told i’m wrong . :wink:

Wet Milk:

no you havent explained the case fully after all

so please do yourself and the thread justice , after all i assume given you retort you are a " tanker driver "

defected your arco yet !!!

:wink:

paul@midway:

Wet Milk:

so please do yourself and the thread justice , after all i assume given you retort you are a " tanker driver "

All members of reasonable intelligence will understand my post, however your post seems to be full of gramatical errors.
May I remind you that this site is for professional drivers.

To answer you assumption… I’ve never driven a tanker in my life…

Wet Milk:

paul@midway:

Wet Milk:

All members of reasonable intelligence will understand my post, however your post seems to be full of gramatical errors.
May I remind you that this site is for professional drivers.

To answer you assumption… I’ve never driven a tanker in my life…

So you’re a wanna be tanker driver then :wink: