Another motorway death today

Following on from the m5 and m56 incidents earlier this month there has been another fatal collision on the m6 over night where unfortunately a young girl has died aged just 4. The conflicting story that 1 car and 3 HGV’s seems to have changed to now being 4 cars and 1 HGV and the driver of the HGV has been arrested

key103.co.uk/news/uk-and-wor … 6-pile-up/

I have looked for this story on the forum but couldn’t see it so sorry if it is a repost guys

was this the incident around junc 4■■ i heard about it on the radio earlier, but am sure they said it was a motorcyclist that had been killed

Yes, Coleshill. Definately a 4 year old girl. Other minors also involved. Half midnight, my son has never been on a motorway at that time in a car, doesn’t stop it being sad though.

dont know what i heard about then. very sad that a 4 year old has died in it though

Very sad news indeed.

"The girl was among a family of five caught in the crash, which happened on the southbound M6 between junctions 4a and 4, near Coleshill, Warwickshire, at around 12.30am.

Her mother and eight-year-old sister were badly hurt while her father and four-year-old sister escaped with minor injuries.

A 65-year-old lorry driver from Sunderland, who was not injured in the accident, was arrested at the scene and is currently in custody helping officers with their enquiries.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said its crews arrived to find a lorry and several cars that had been in a “serious crash”.

“A child travelling in one car had suffered multiple serious injuries and was receiving CPR from members of the fire service,” he said.

"Ambulance crews and (a) doctor took over resuscitation attempts of the girl and carried out advanced life support at the scene.

"Emergency treatment continued in the ambulance en route to hospital where a trauma team were on standby.

"Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of everyone at the scene, ambulance and hospital staff, nothing could be done to save the girl and she was confirmed dead shortly after arriving at hospital.

“A second girl travelling in the same car, believed to be around eight years old, suffered multiple injuries and received emergency treatment at the scene.”

All the injured members of the family were rushed to University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire.

A man and woman in a second car both received multiple minor injuries and were treated at the scene, before being taken to hospital in Birmingham.

And man and a woman travelling in a third car did not require hospital treatment."

if it had been on the northbound i’d not be in the least suprised.
it must be one of the worst motorway junctions in the UK.
both car and truck drivers are always coming to a stop there and the traffic just keeps flowing on while the individual tries to get back into the lane they wanted in the first place.
a red portugese artic was on the hatchings trying to get back over from the m42/m6toll back onto the m6 n/b on friday afternoon and no-one was even braking in what is effectively the m6 fast lane.

another death trap junction like cathorpe.