Another middle east trucker gone to heaven

Felt i should report the recent death of Egg on Legs…his real name is kenny Bowkett. we did middle east together back in the 70s and after his parents died he moved to Thailand..He managed to find a wife while he was there, and also ended losing a great deal of his money. he originally sold his legacy, the house his parents left him, and took the £300.000 out to thailand, but when i spoke to him 2 weeks ago he was down to less than £30.000..Anyway his Thai bride receives the rest. Kenny was found in his hotel room after not being seen for a couple of days..there was a do not disturbsign on his door..he actually died of an enlarged heart, a fact brought on by a recent visit to the judiciary, the reason he was over here. Our local working mens club steward very kindly arranged a visa for his wife and flew her over here, and arranged the cremation and wake..Me and kenny had some fun on our trips along with hooperman and the rest of the crowd, and he bought gasps of breath when he got down from his truck as at times he was over 34 stone..yes a very big lad..he mostly slept in the drivers/passenger seat as there was problems when he laid down with excess skin around his neck trying to choke him and giving difficulty breathing..and boy ! could he eat..i remember him at one truckers haunt when he ate a meal..and saidI could eat that again` i thought he was joking…till he ordered another…i remember ken with great affection as we go back a long long time, and also lived almost in the same street, and shared the same club at weekends when we could…god bless matey youll always be remembered…not only by me…but by the friends you met along the way…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25532

RIP Kenny :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

truckyboy Thank for going to all the trouble.I was wondering what happened to the funeral arrangements.34st! No wonder he was called a larger than life character.That thing with throat is enough to lose you your licence if you report it to a doctor in Spain.RIP Kenny.

Oops…i didnt check the other posts first to realise his sad passing has already been mentioned…but i wanted to do it anyway.
There are some interesting points that have been mentioned, and yes kenny was working on Thai radio…Many years ago young ken was a DJ at one of the local pubs called the Pickwick of which he was also a regular drinker. I met kenny through his dad when i worked for a tarmac company called Amasco in charlton…old jim was a low loader driver then and ken was a mere boy who wanted to learn the ropes and eventually became a trucker. There are a lot of old truckers out there who will remember ken affectionately for as has been said, he really was larger than life.
I was told that he had an enlarged heart, but i believe that his health problems were far worse than any of us knew…but rest in peace…