Another infringement

Hi all

Got a driving hours infringement this morning from saturday.

Started on a chart and drove 1.5hours, had 47mins break and changed to a unit on digicard. Drove 1hour then 1.45 and took 30mins break. Drove 1.45 and finished up.

The tacho was flashing on me last driving stint to take a break but because I started on a chart I thought it was wrong, I had driving and breaks in me head.

I had the 47mins break cause I thought I only had Carlisle and back then finish. But ended up fluffin about doing this doing that which keeps adding 1min when you move 2 feet.

If I was on chart the whole shift I would have been ok but the digi tachos are mad.

Does anyone know why the digis don’t record seconds as well, insted of clocking up whole minutes?

Cheers…

Mis-read original post

I’m not seeing where you got the infringement, based on the information given. You drove for 1.5 hours then had a break which reset the driving time counter. Between then and the end of your shift you drove for a total of 4.5 hours, according to the figures you have given, so no break required unless you did a period of other work before clocking off.

The digi tacho would flash up that a break was due, it does this when the driving time reaches 4 hours 15 minutes but that doesn’t mean you got an infringement for carrying on for the other 15 minutes.

What exactly was the infringement?

so what did you get, is it a fine,points, warning or something?

are you sure it was an infringement and not just a flashing warning with the word “break!”? That only means you have 15 mins more driving left before an infringement.