Another horsebox question

Read other post but does not help me could anyone tell me if need tacho rules , a lady has asked me to drive her horsebox for her needs class 2 licence so over 7 half tonne do I need to innsert tacho and drive under the rules or are there different rules for horseboxes ?
Thanks in advance

Jennie x

Plus if anyone could give me a heads up on how much to charge her would be a great help ?

Jennie:
Read other post but does not help me could anyone tell me if need tacho rules , a lady has asked me to drive her horsebox for her needs class 2 licence so over 7 half tonne do I need to innsert tacho and drive under the rules or are there different rules for horseboxes ?
Thanks in advance

Jennie x

Plus if anyone could give me a heads up on how much to charge her would be a great help ?

Given that the vehicle is over 7.5 tonne you will come in-scope of EU regulations and therefore need to use a tachograph.

Also given that you will be charging for the job it isn’t private use, so even if the vehicle was not over 7.5 tonne you would still come in-scope of EU rules.

No idea what you should charge though, normal self employed driver rates I suppose, you will also need to make sure you’re being paid for the time you’re hanging around if the job is to take the horses to shows/races.

Good luck with the job :wink:

Thanks tachograph Ur a star just wasn’t sure if rules were exempt so based on fact will be paying own tax looking for around 10er n hour I suppose so will need to follow 4 1/2 hr driving rule and wtd if not going far

Many thanks

Jennie x