another hijacking

oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news- … fic-ordeal

Why on earth would you park on a road with that kind of cargo or allow the truck to be parked up there?

Whatever the reason, feel sorry for the driver, it must have been terrifying at the time.

albion:
Why on earth would you park on a road with that kind of cargo or allow the truck to be parked up there?

Whatever the reason, feel sorry for the driver, it must have been terrifying at the time.

I’m not familiar with the road, but if it’s anything less than a secure park, when loaded with that type of high vaue desirable load, one of two reasons I would reckon.
I know nothing about the driver either, but on the face of it all, one of those reasons would be, allegedlly, … he is either terminally stupid or in on it.

I remember when I used to do trade plates and was offered a bump on the head and a wedge in my pocket to deliver a new unregistered truck to Ireland.

I remained bump free .

These laptops are minimum £500 a throw,so that’s £1,000,000’s worth of cargo sat in some dark lane because the boss you’d assume wouldn’t pay for parking…hopefully his insurance renewal will teach him a lesson :smiley:

Honked:
I remember when I used to do trade plates and was offered a bump on the head and a wedge in my pocket to deliver a new unregistered truck to Ireland.

I remained bump free .

Well said Mr H lol, would have done the same

The firm in question where the lorries are going to don’t have a good record and it makes you think if some kind of inside job is at…this happened in March…accringtonobserver.co.uk/new … r-12264751

Then the laptops…2br.co.uk/news/local-news/2 … in-altham/

And then phones in Feb…accringtonobserver.co.uk/inc … e-10826939

And then this in Dec…lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne … le_phones/

Honked:

I remained bump free .

Same here, shipping drugs over,
I was approached in Monty’s Bar in Zeebrugge by a dubious looking pair…politely declined, (and watched my back walking back to truck :smiling_imp: )
I’ve been known to do a couple of dodgy things in my time, but did not want ANY part of that crap,… look at Limeyphil. :bulb:

robroy:
I’m not familiar with the road, but if it’s anything less than a secure park, when loaded with that type of high vaue desirable load, one of two reasons I would reckon.
I know nothing about the driver either, but on the face of it all, one of those reasons would be, allegedlly, … he is either terminally stupid or in on it.

Or it could be someone back at base who’s in on it. The driver doesn’t always know what the cargo is; the people in the office will.

Anyway, what’s a “CF class 2” truck? Class 2 is employment terminology; the model is CF Euro 6.

IndigoJo:

robroy:

Or it could be someone back at base who’s in on it. The driver doesn’t always know what the cargo is; the people in the office will.

Ok, but I find it hard to believe the driver did not know the contents of his trailer, Delivery notes, CMR ?
…btw When did I say I felt sorry for the driver? :neutral_face:

Altham is a ■■■■ hole, can’t see why he’d park up their 20 mins away from Blackburn services. I don’t know of any computer related businesses on that estate. Half decent butty van tho outside NW Logistics

robroy:
Ok, but I find it hard to believe the driver did not know the contents of his trailer, Delivery notes, CMR ?

My notes most of the time say machinery(non hazardous), in a big wooden crate, or clothing is big white sack like bags. Or food that#s been black srinkwrapped the joys of airfrieght tho that is for you.

You’d think with it going on a plane the descriptions would have to be spot on.

xichrisxi:
These laptops are minimum £500 a throw,so that’s £1,000,000’s worth of cargo sat in some dark lane because the boss you’d assume wouldn’t pay for parking…hopefully his insurance renewal will teach him a lesson :smiley:

Gaming laptops, you’re looking at least double that retail, probably £1500-2000 a piece.

Driver’s in on it.

Sent from my new laptop that I bought off a nice chap down the pub.

tommymanc:
Altham is a [zb] hole, can’t see why he’d park up their 20 mins away from Blackburn services. I don’t know of any computer related businesses on that estate. Half decent butty van tho outside NW Logistics

robroy:

My notes most of the time say machinery(non hazardous), in a big wooden crate, or clothing is big white sack like bags. Or food that#s been black srinkwrapped the joys of airfrieght tho that is for you.

You’d think with it going on a plane the descriptions would have to be spot on.

This is on the ind site at Altham
exertis.com/technologies.php?j2id=mobile

Really looks like inside knowledge was required. Those mobile phones that were nicked must have been heading for another country as they would be blocked here. Those laptops are probably going the same way as all the serial numbers would be known and only a matter of time till one would be flagged as nicked somewhere.

Altham estate has four huge factories called exertis uk used to be called micro p who deal in all kinds of electric and tech goods .so assume driver parked up for early morning delivery as for Blackburn and darwen services you have to be in early or no chance of parking

andy_s:
Really looks like inside knowledge was required. Those mobile phones that were nicked must have been heading for another country as they would be blocked here. Those laptops are probably going the same way as all the serial numbers would be known and only a matter of time till one would be flagged as nicked somewhere.

Not really, used to move Phones in and out of the country, they are not locked from manufacture only service providers lock them, the only difference for mobiles is the charger being EU or UK type plugs the phones are the same no geo locks or changes
For a driver to just enter a bonded/secure warehouse which is what that place will likely be and load up a van without being challenged and without knowing what he was loading is bs, there will be a lot more to it,but it ain’t been reported, because the companies insurers would not have paid out, and will insist on state of the art CCTV and on-site security measures ,

I can remember the company that worked for was only insured for a certain value or number of loaded vehicles with high-value stuff like phones, on any one boat or train, so sometimes the amada of vans couldn’t all get the same boat
And in the early days doing phones it was common practice to park outside the delivery point and wait for them to open, sometimes overnight, we were also single manned back then and no trackers

Muckaway:
Driver’s in on it.

Sent from my new laptop that I bought off a nice chap down the pub.

I don’t mean to be nasty but that’s exactly what I thought… either that or some kind of insurance fraud.

rearaxle:
The firm in question where the lorries are going to don’t have a good record and it makes you think if some kind of inside job is at…this happened in March…accringtonobserver.co.uk/new … r-12264751

Then the laptops…2br.co.uk/news/local-news/2 … in-altham/

And then phones in Feb…accringtonobserver.co.uk/inc … e-10826939

And then this in Dec…lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne … le_phones/

I am inclined to agree with you having just read your post.Surely the insurance com. must have their suspicions?
regards dave.

I know the area well. its a well lit quiet ind est with regular security patrols. and lots of the companues have exterior cameras.

theres a company on there that does high end electronics i pick up and deliver there a lot. but next door there is a company that sells plastic tubs to b&m bargains.

i wouldnt think twice about parking there at all. even after this.

i think the driver is completely guilt free and someone has been watching the company and waiting for a driver to park close by after leaving their yard.

only thing i dont understand is why he didnt wait for the morning to load. unless he got there early and they refused to tip him till the following day. (ive known them be arsey in the past.) and him being low on time so stayed the night outside.

the place they transfered cargo to is usually very quiet as well. Thoughts to the driver.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk