Another Hi Viz Tale

My mate Mick, for reasons best known to him, often wears an orange t-shirt. This isn’t just any orange this is bright orange. This is, turn it down or I’ll have to put my sunglasses on orange, it’s bright.

He arrived somewhere a couple of weeks ago to deliver and was informed by the security guard that he must put his Hi Viz on.

“Isn’t this bright enough,” asked Mick pointing at the aforementioned t-shirt.

“Don’t get funny with me driver, if you don’t put your Hi Viz on you aren’t coming in,” replied the guard.

Mick trotted off back to the wagon and put on one of the two Hi Viz vests that he carries. He in fact chose the orange one, rather than the green one, and returned to the guard. It was difficult to see that he even had a Hi Viz on, so close were the colours of it and the t-shirt. The guard was not amused.

“Are you taking the [zb] (urine) driver,” asked the guard.

To which Mick replied, “Yes, of course I am but I have done as asked.”

The guard was left doing goldfish impressions as he really had no answer to that. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one :smiley:

:smiley: :sunglasses:

Good on him :laughing: :laughing:

a few years ago i loading at bakers in crick and was stood there for time and after a while another drver came and he said to me how long have you been waiting for i said not sure but this highly invisible jacket is not working very well :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :smiley: then from behind a computer screen came a i will not put up with sarcastic comments like that :wink: //// me and this driver just looked and laughed and went and got a brew later guys. :smiley:

Companies insisting you wear a Hi Viz vest has nothing to do with a concern for you safety, but to cover their bottoms when one of thier dopey forklift drivers run you over. But we all know this don’t we :wink: