Just a heads up if you not aware

leighjournal.co.uk/news/193 … ack-anchor

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:

I like this comment:-

Next time you order your washing machine or fridge freezer I would gladly dropped it there where ya stood what a set of plebs.

pierrot 14:

rearaxle:

Next time you order your washing machine or fridge freezer I would gladly dropped it there where ya stood what a set of plebs.

[/quote
He is probably too thick to realise if he is delivering the washing machine to an address inside the limit that he can do so, he’s the pleb. To be fair to the locals this weight limit is fair enough, it is much easier anyway to go down the A580 then motorway than drive through this village and to be honest there is probably not much difference in time.

shullbit:

pierrot 14:

rearaxle:

[/quote
He is probably too thick to realise if he is delivering the washing machine to an address inside the limit that he can do so, he’s the pleb.

I think what he/she means I guessing is ban the trucks but by all means come in the restriction to give me my washing machine/ fridge freezer…think you might be the pleb.

Not all superhero wear capes

rearaxle:

shullbit:

pierrot 14:

rearaxle:

[/quote
He is probably too thick to realise if he is delivering the washing machine to an address inside the limit that he can do so, he’s the pleb.

I think what he/she means I guessing is ban the trucks but by all means come in the restriction to give me my washing machine/ fridge freezer…think you might be the pled.

The photograph is just outside the restriction, the comment by the pleb is self explanatory, but i will explain it to you anyway, he doesnt like the fact that he can no longer drive his wagon (probably a tipper) through said restriction so comments that he would dump a delivery there where they stand…just outside the restriction, its not REALLY that hard to understand is it, or is it your comment on the leigh journal page, that would explain it.

shullbit:

rearaxle:

shullbit:

pierrot 14:

rearaxle:

[/quote

I think what he/she means I guessing is ban the trucks but by all means come in the restriction to give me my washing machine/ fridge freezer…think you might be the pled.

The photograph is just outside the restriction, the comment by the pleb is self explanatory, but i will explain it to you anyway, he doesnt like the fact that he can no longer drive his wagon (probably a tipper) through said restriction so comments that he would dump a delivery there where they stand…just outside the restriction, its not REALLY that hard to understand is it, or is it your comment on the leigh journal page, that would explain it.

Not guilty… but having just Read the comments on there, I guess you have.

Whilst many accept that weight limits are “a necessary evil”, to allow residents a modicum of normality, some limits are just not thought out.
One weight restriction round our way, on a pretty major B road, is a strict 7.5 tonne weight limit (no exceptions for access or loading ) and lasts for just 20 yards.
If doing pallet network, it is a real pain in the ar*se because invariably one drop is before the limit the next drop after. To avoid the limit requires a 10 mile detour
The joke often made is that a councillor must live in a house within the limit.

Last week was delivering feed to a stud farm driving down a country lane (7.5 tonne limit except for access) was harangued by a resident of a cottage telling me I was not allowed down lane.(I was)
Regaling this to the trainer at the farm he was less than chuffed - “Bloody newcomers move out to the country from London (other cities available) and are surprised by the smells, tractors, cow dung, early morning bird chorus, ploughing, delivery wagons etc…”

teech:
Whilst many accept that weight limits are “a necessary evil”, to allow residents a modicum of normality, some limits are just not thought out.
One weight restriction round our way, on a pretty major B road, is a strict 7.5 tonne weight limit (no exceptions for access or loading ) and lasts for just 20 yards.
If doing pallet network, it is a real pain in the ar*se because invariably one drop is before the limit the next drop after. To avoid the limit requires a 10 mile detour

Last week was delivering feed to a stud farm driving down a country lane (7.5 tonne limit except for access) was harangued by a resident of a cottage telling me I was not allowed down lane.(I was)
Regaling this to the trainer at the farm he was less than chuffed - “Bloody newcomers move out to the country from London (other cities available) and are surprised by the smells, tractors, cow dung, early morning bird chorus, ploughing, delivery wagons etc…”

There’s another place where I can’t remember exactly where it is now, but its similar. They make beds anyway. There’s hgv signs guiding you into an industrial estate at the back of a housing estate :unamused: so you follow it and there is a strict 7.5t limit for about 50yds, by which time its too late to do anything about it and there’s no chance of getting out. Security curtain you for it, so I asked why the limit is there and the said because the pipes under the road are clay.

What a boring story but there ya go

toonsy:

teech:

There’s another place where I can’t remember exactly where it is now, but its similar. They make beds anyway. There’s hgv signs guiding you into an industrial estate at the back of a housing estate :unamused: so you follow it and there is a strict 7.5t limit for about 50yds, by which time its too late to do anything about it and there’s no chance of getting out. Security curtain you for it, so I asked why the limit is there and the said because the pipes under the road are clay.

Silentnight

When the ring road is open grantham will become a 7.5t limit ( about ZB time ) , not a day goes by with chaos after another bridge gets hit , every week pics , and comments from ■■■■■■ off locals in the local rag
Last sat on my walk I tried to stop a foreigner heading down Springfield road towards the bridge , totally ignores me , and as I walk up harlaxton road towards the house we’ve got 2 cop cars flying down , no points for guessing where there going !!

Anybody else notice the “name” of the poster on about dropping washing machines?
WayneKerr…

I use this road daily and i can tell, there has never really been problems with massive amount of lorries using the road, unles there has something big happened on m6 or 62. Also weight limit is only from one side, from east lancs side, so big, bad lorry still can use this road[emoji1] This road becomes chock of block few times a day and it’s nothing to do with lorries. Some people just need to find a hobby

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

toonsy:

Sounds like Barnoldswick.

The 7.5t weight limit on the A650 at East Ardsley doesn’t even have any road space. The signs for each direction are exactly opposite each other with an official sounding “NO THROUGH ROUTE FOR HGVS” on each sign. gave up with them years ago and just ignore them now. Quicker than going via Lofthouse on the motorway.

Love the way these types of Roger Hunt just automatically look upon us as a bloody nuisance rather than an essential provider of a service .
I’m with ‘washing machine man’ and before what’s his name jumps in,.I get the ‘Except for access/loading’ bit, it’s just the principle…and why fabricate things by accusing the guy of driving a tipper just to establish a point, he could just as well be a guy who delivers washing machines ffs. :unamused:
Love the way the Old Bill jump on the band wagon as ever, by saying they’ll provide speed cameras :unamused: …Aye I bet they will, ever the opportunists that lot, if the useless ■■■■■ had actually policed the area in the first place,.Mr Nimby Councillor and his mates would have had to think up another excuse for a truck ban.
Never use that area but I hope their arse holes close up. :imp:

Coddenham in Suffolk has an interesting system. Has a one way 7.5 tonne weight limit - HGVs allowed northbound, going south HGVs required to detour round the village using a narrow country lane.
Actually works quite well - except when the Orwell Bridge closed, when the village is used by all and sundry as a cut through. That’s when chaos ensues[emoji2]
Been through twice on these occasions and should have heard the abuse I and a Grain Wagon got even tho. we were quite within our rights to use the road as were delivering to farms.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I’ll second Robroy’s point of principle. And as for the reply to washing machine man’s comment, ‘it’ll only take 8-10 minutes longer’. Times that by the number of washing machines he’s delivering that day and still expect him to complete the route? I hope it’s ‘pleb’ that doesn’t get his appliance delivered on the scheduled day. :imp:

robroy:
Love the way these types of Roger Hunt just automatically look upon us as a bloody nuisance rather than an essential provider of a service .
I’m with ‘washing machine man’ and before what’s his name jumps in,.I get the ‘Except for access/loading’ bit, it’s just the principle…and why fabricate things by accusing the guy of driving a tipper just to establish a point, he could just as well be a guy who delivers washing machines ffs. :unamused:
Love the way the Old Bill jump on the band wagon as ever, by saying they’ll provide speed cameras :unamused: …Aye I bet they will, ever the opportunists that lot, if the useless [zb] had actually policed the area in the first place,.Mr Nimby Councillor and his mates would have had to think up another excuse for a truck ban.
Never use that area but I hope their arse holes close up. :imp:

Er - the Old Bill are not jumping on any bandwagon here. The last three paragraphs in the article are bits of the outgoing and newly-elected PCCs’ blurb being quoted by the councillors in their tub-thumping efforts.