Another great dvd!

Does anyone know where a copy of “Truckers” can be sourced from these days? I remember watching it as a kid and would love to see it again!

robinhood_1984:
Does anyone know where a copy of “Truckers” can be sourced from these days? I remember watching it as a kid and would love to see it again!

there is a video on amazon at mo, the whole series by looks of it.

robinhood_1984:

pm buzzard boy :wink:

brookie:

robinhood_1984:

there is a video on amazon at mo, the whole series by looks of it.

All I can find on amazon is Ice Road Truckers, unless I’m looking in the wrong place? I’m after the early/mid 90s program with the guy on for Davis Turner going to Istanbul and back.

jessicas dad:

robinhood_1984:

pm buzzard boy :wink:

Dont seem to be able to send him a PM unfortunetely.

Hi
Try sending a pm to steelboyf10.he had some on DVD,they may? All be gone though.good luck.
Regards Andrew.

I put a thread a few days ago about a dvd called “run for your money”, including a Leyland promo film featuring the famous ■■■■ Rivers of “Destination Doha” fame, well, I’ve just got another from the same guy off ebay called “Truckers”. It’s the film about the DT driver going to Istanbul, shown early '90’s on tv, although most of us have probably seen it! Still a good watch for nostalgia though (over the steelworks etc through the Blanc, Brindisi etc). Well, included in it was a black and white film/documentary called “All roads lead to Rome” about an Irish driver going from Waterford to Rome in an old merc pulling a fridge. Fantastic film, really watchable. He’s also putting together a home made film of a run to Russia, so keep an eye out. I recommend the fella. Basic dvd and case, no frills ,but well worth the £6 inc p&p for all you get. He’s called “oilietrucker” I think, check him out. Hope this doesn’t breach advertising stuff though!

Regards,

Mark (brookie)

Where is the site you get the dvds from brookie, wouldnt mind seeing the all roads lead to rome

I got all these DVD’s from TOPRUN his site is full of ME films and books have a look.

toprun.ch/truck/index_news.htm

i have used the seller you have mentioned for all the films above and he is very good the copys are good and he is a fast poster

this is the fella and he is a good bloke ive got some of his films…

oiltruckie

I have used him as well and is a top man, a fair price too. I don’t think he lists " All Roads Lead To Rome"■■? So I think you will need to contact him.

jessicas dad:
this is the fella and he is a good bloke ive got some of his films…

oiltruckie

Thanks for the link JD, job sorted :smiley: Cheers

nianiamh:
Where is the site you get the dvds from brookie, wouldnt mind seeing the all roads lead to rome

he’s advertising a few european films on ebay now at the moment, worth a look for anyone interested.

brookie.

brookie:
I put a thread a few days ago about a dvd called “run for your money”, including a Leyland promo film featuring the famous ■■■■ Rivers of “Destination Doha” fame, well, I’ve just got another from the same guy off ebay called “Truckers”. It’s the film about the DT driver going to Istanbul, shown early '90’s on tv, although most of us have probably seen it! Still a good watch for nostalgia though (over the steelworks etc through the Blanc, Brindisi etc). Well, included in it was a black and white film/documentary called “All roads lead to Rome” about an Irish driver going from Waterford to Rome in an old merc pulling a fridge. Fantastic film, really watchable. He’s also putting together a home made film of a run to Russia, so keep an eye out. I recommend the fella. Basic dvd and case, no frills ,but well worth the £6 inc p&p for all you get. He’s called “oilietrucker” I think, check him out. Hope this doesn’t breach advertising stuff though!

Regards,

Mark (brookie)

I was working for DT’s when this film was made, he was not a very popular chappie! I can’t remember all of it and I didn’t see the progame but isn’t there something odd about the route he took, perhaps on the return? Also IIRC he had his spare wheel fall off of the back of the unit (maybe on the next trip) it went under the first axle on the trailer and did a lot of damage, probably bent the trailer IIRC. He had drawn quite a bit of money and dumped the trailer in DT’S yard and did a runner. DT had hired the trailer to him and they had to pay for the damage.

[/quote]

I was working for DT’s when this film was made, he was not a very popular chappie! I can’t remember all of it and I didn’t see the progame but isn’t there something odd about the route he took, perhaps on the return? Also IIRC he had his spare wheel fall off of the back of the unit (maybe on the next trip) it went under the first axle on the trailer and did a lot of damage, probably bent the trailer IIRC. He had drawn quite a bit of money and dumped the trailer in DT’S yard and did a runner. DT had hired the trailer to him and they had to pay for the damage.
[/quote]

Yep, you’re right Gavin, the trip out was easy enough to follow, through France over the steelworks on the stilts etc, but he supposedly came back through Bulgaria, the Yugo mountains(?) and the next shot was of Merryl ( remember her?) going up what looked like the old road up to the 'Blanc?. I think they must’ve met her on the way down as she was coming home and threw in a few minutes of a woman driver for the viewers with a bit of nonsense editing spotted by regulars out there. I must admit the film got a bit daft towards the end, what with the 'Blanc bit and the other drivers “racing” .I got my foot down on occasions, but racing? Imagine the fine in Germany! What a load of ■■■■■■■■. Could’ve been done better!

brookie.

O.K. so I am just a spectator on this but what would be his motivation for coming back through Bulgaria (or wherever it was) Surely best to come back the way he went down…am I missing something?

Anyone know the two blokes driving the other Scania & the red/orange Volvo?

Richardjw1:
O.K. so I am just a spectator on this but what would be his motivation for coming back through Bulgaria (or wherever it was) Surely best to come back the way he went down…am I missing something?

Anyone know the two blokes driving the other Scania & the red/orange Volvo?

As I said I haven’t seen it, I have no idea why he came back by a different route unless he had blotted his copybook somewhere. What I can’t understand is why he went to Turkey via Italy, via Germany would have been cheaper.
Don’t forget he was making a film - more bull = better story!