Another foggy night ahead

I wonder how many incompetent car drivers I will encounter driving down the middle lane at 45mph in dense fog, oblivious to everything around them, clutching the steering wheel rigid with fear? I started counting them last night but soon lost count. Still, at least it keeps lane 1 empty for me. :angry:

and how many lorry drivers will be on the limiter even though they cant see 50 yards ahead?

Hopefully roads be a bit quieter at 3am off to Southampton from Wolverhampton A34 not going to be much fun but never is tbh.

Truckbling:
and how many lorry drivers will be on the limiter even though they cant see 50 yards ahead?

+1

The OP will be one of them by the looks of it. :unamused:

oh â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  joy, 8hrs of foggy motorways tonight :unamused:

Truckbling:

+2

Can’t believe the amount of trucks that went past me today when I was driving sensibly, not stupidly slow, but slow enough to stop in the vision that I had.

The monkeys:

Truckbling:

+2

Can’t believe the amount of trucks that went past me today when I was driving sensibly, not stupidly slow, but slow enough to stop in the vision that I had.

+3

All it needs is some car to have spun around in lanes 1 & 2, and there’s going to be a nasty smack - IF everyone doesn’t leave themselves enough space to stop - ie only drive as fast as you can see and stop in.

Coming around the M25 last night doing 48, I was whizzed past by a stobart, TNT, Downton, Maersk, & unmarked tipper - all playing leapfrog with each other, judging by the way they kept re-overtaking each over, and driving up each other’s arses.

On a different note, there’s some kind of kids farm play area on the left field there (j27-28) but I’ve NEVER seen anyone playing there during daylight hours as I drove past, regardless of what day or exact time I was driving past.

Has this place ever actually been open, or is it like one of those Chinese folly towns that have no one living in them?

Truckbling:

Southampton back up last night,limiter all the way other than when tripping over spooked car/ truck drivers :unamused: :unamused: ,only really came down end m69, 46, know them like the back of my hands,so no problem.
Just suprised we’ve not had a call to park the trucks up when it’s foggy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

November 5 2011 M5 Jct 25 thick fog ( not helped by bonfires ) 7 died…how many more reminders does anyone need to drive carefully in poor visibility , take care .

dozy:

Truckbling:

Southampton back up last night,limiter all the way other than when tripping over spooked car/ truck drivers :unamused: :unamused: ,only really came down end m69, 46, know them like the back of my hands,so no problem.
Just suprised we’ve not had a call to park the trucks up when it’s foggy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

I know you’re a wind up merchant, either that or a rigger boot baseball cap wearing absolute ■■■■ of a lorry driver. How in hells name are you going to stop when you suddenly see an artic sideways across the carriageway and you have 20 yards to stop doing 56 mph? I don’t care how well you know the road, you don’t know what has happened ahead because you can not see that far.

Having your front foglights on all the time will not save you in fog.

Do not feed the troll.

It’s amazing how many drivers seem to think that having their foglights on renders them invincible, carrying on at 70+mph with foglights on. And how many don’t seem to understand that once the fog has cleared, pressing the foglight switch a second time will actually turn the foglights off.

dozy:

Truckbling:

Ok ady1

Got to Southampton at half 6 down the m40/a34 couldnt see a thing but trucks cars vans all leaving each other plenty of room made a change tbh

Worse when you get off the Motorways and onto the A-roads, the complete bellends in cars seem to think 2 small lights mounted low in the bumper mean they can drive on as normal. One who passed me on the A66 when visibility was as low as 2 cats eyes… Cringed waiting for the artic to emerge from the fog at him but luckily it never came…

no-one told the wildlife about fog - on the home leg of a 10hr shift the axor had decided to lose its auto gears just north of Southwaite so was nursing it back then 2 miles from base a phucking pheasant creamed my windscreen, all in all a forgettable shift :frowning:

tamarman:
November 5 2011 M5 Jct 25 thick fog ( not helped by bonfires ) 7 died…how many more reminders does anyone need to drive carefully in poor visibility , take care .

er there was no bonfire around that area that night

Truckbling:

dozy:

Truckbling:

I know you’re a wind up merchant, either that or a rigger boot baseball cap wearing absolute ■■■■ of a lorry driver. How in hells name are you going to stop when you suddenly see an artic sideways across the carriageway and you have 20 yards to stop doing 56 mph? I don’t care how well you know the road, you don’t know what has happened ahead because you can not see that far.

Having your front foglights on all the time will not save you in fog.

Fog lights :question: :question: :question: haven’t got any on our g-cabs,do you worry every time you go over that brow of a hill,round that corner,there might be a truck across the carriage way :unamused: :unamused:
If you did you’d get nowhere,it’s just a bit of bloody fog for god sake,plenty of drivers seem to be able to cope with it ,not end up in a massive pile up ,it’s doesn’t spook me at all,I just sit back relax and push on.
Far better than spending 3 1/2 hrs tensed up worrying about what may/ may not happen .
You can believe what you want,wind up or not,but 3 1/2 hrs,m3,a34, m40, m69, m1, a46 all on the limiter and I’m still here :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Contraflow:
Do not feed the troll.

As always on here if someone says something different to the t/ net clique there a troll.
No there just capable of driving in a bit of fog without turning it into a major drama,drivers( or most) will as I continue to drive in fog ,as they have done since the year dot :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: