Another fatal.

Three people have been killed and another seriously injured in a crash between a car and a lorry on the B1404 between Houghton-le-Spring and Seaham, Durham Police said today.

The accident happened near Sharpley Golf Club on the B1404 between Houghton-le-Spring and Seaham, County Durham, at around 12.20pm, Durham Police said.

The three people who died were in the car.

A fourth passenger was flown by air ambulance to the James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough, with what were described as life-threatening injuries.

The lorry driver was taken to hospital in Sunderland suffering from minor injuries, a Durham Police spokesman said.

The force of the crash sent the lorry through a fence and on to the golf course, he added.

"The road has been closed to traffic and is expected to be so for several hours,

They haven`t wasted much time in arresting the lorry driver. Suspicion of causing death through dangerous driving.

cheekymonkey:
They haven`t wasted much time in arresting the lorry driver. Suspicion of causing death through dangerous driving.

Yeah they do that as per routine anyway. I think its called “guilty until proven inocent” in this day and age of the blame culture :unamused: :unamused:
Hopefully, the driver was not at fault but i guess we’l never know.

Just been reported that it’s three members of the same family that have died a 75 year old man,18 year old woman and worst of all a 1 year old baby.

Gembo:

cheekymonkey:

Yeah they do that as per routine anyway. I think its called “guilty until proven inocent” in this day and age of the blame culture :unamused: :unamused:

RIP to the family in the car
Arresting the driver is hardly saying hes guilty, jsut allowed them to proceed wtih there enquiries, he will have been arrested on SUSPICIION of xyz
I imagine we will find out who was to blame after the facts are known and the dirver is either let off or sentanced

AHT:

Gembo:

cheekymonkey:

RIP to the family in the car
Arresting the driver is hardly saying hes guilty, jsut allowed them to proceed wtih there enquiries, he will have been arrested on SUSPICIION of xyz
I imagine we will find out who was to blame after the facts are known and the dirver is either let off or sentanced

I know that road, It has an 18t limit on the stretch in question. I hope the lorry involved wasn’t over this.

4 wheeler with a grab.