Another example of dashcam being essential

Just saw this footage on a Somerset newspaper site and it looks remarkably like a cash for crash incident involving a 44T artic…sorry, horrible, nasty, kitten squashing lorry.

somersetlive.co.uk/news/some … 890867.amp

Nothing in front of car at all, but it has brakes on at 16 seconds so either broke down or someone trying it on. Also front of car appears to dip just before lorry hits it.

This is why i have a dashcam in any truck now.

I’m not sure about it being cash for crash, I’m thinking more of a brake test due to something that may have happened previously, hopefully the fella had a dash cam, dangerous driving by corsa driver imo

Quite obviously a brake test, saw this earlier on Facebook. Shockingly, the popular opinion there was that the corsa driver was a prick.

A.

“Three people in the Vauxhall Corsa were not injured, and no other injuries were reported.”

They would have been if those pesky police hadn’t arrived.

Crash for cash or brake testing, either way the Corsa is at fault unless he can prove their was a mechanical reason why he stopped in the live lane.

DadsRetired:
“Three people in the Vauxhall Corsa were not injured, and no other injuries were reported.”

They would have been if those pesky police hadn’t arrived.

Crash for cash or brake testing, either way the Corsa is at fault unless he can prove their was a mechanical reason why he stopped in the live lane.

Being a Corsa VXR you can’t rule out piston 4 jobbying itself.

I don’t see it being anything other than a dense fud thinking they’re smart brake checking a truck.

A.

I read somewhere (facebook perhaps?) that the corsa driver was an elderly chap and had suddenly been taken ill which is why he pulled over? If not then a very brave person trying ‘crash for cash’ in that senario!! :open_mouth:

Pete.

Don’t think elderly chaps would choose a VXR as their ride - think more Honda Jazz, Nissan Almera.

I don’t think brake testing a 44t truck in a ■■■ packet strength car is too bright :open_mouth:

I now have had a dash cam for a coupla months - don’t leave home without it.

Socketset:
Don’t think elderly chaps would choose a VXR as their ride - think more Honda Jazz, Nissan Almera.

I don’t think brake testing a 44t truck in a ■■■ packet strength car is too bright :open_mouth:

I now have had a dash cam for a coupla months - don’t leave home without it.

Funnily enough I overtook an elderly chap the other day. He was doing like 35 on a 50mph dual carriageway but no bother really.

However it was the car that caught my eye. Honda Jazz on an 04 plate and I swear it was showroom immaculate.

If any good beer was wasted in bad boris here - the artic would have gone straight up his arse, and totalled anyone and everyone in the Corsa.

Why TF do people think that brake testing a fully laden killing machine - is somehow a good idea■■? :open_mouth: :question:

windrush:
I read somewhere (facebook perhaps?) that the corsa driver was an elderly chap and had suddenly been taken ill which is why he pulled over? If not then a very brave person trying ‘crash for cash’ in that senario!! :open_mouth:

Pete.

Hey ‘windrush’ it must be a generational thing, I got your sarcasm/banter but it does seem some younger members didn’t ?

Regards
Dave Penn;

A38 between Deep Lane and the Tamar (which is where this looks like it was), somehow seems to attract complete mouth-breathers. I usually end up overtaking about three or four cars in the time it takes to get through that section as half of them seem to cruise at 50 for some reason - and more often than not they’ll speed up when you’re alongside. Back down, go back in, they’ll speed up again. Try to stick it out and you get a load of abuse from overtaking cars when you can finally get back in. And it’s that section in particular - no idea why. Get to Totnes and it’s fine again.

I expect the Viridor wagon hit a slight uphill during an overtake, took a bit longer than he expected to get back in, Corsa gets ■■■■■ and tries it on. Seen it a lot down there.

Perhaps the car driving theory test should include the fact that 56 mph equates to 25 metres/second :open_mouth: