Another driving hours question

I’ll try keep this simple.

I started on Sunday at 1230 after a 45 hour rest (finished the Friday before at about 1ish)
I finished today (Thursday) at 1300.
I’m starting tomorrow at about 5ish 28 hours off.

When I was leaving I bumped into our resident know it all. you know the sort, loud never wrong etc.

I told him I was starting at 5 tomorrow to which he said “well you’ll have to be done by midnight because you can’t do 7 days in a week.”
I said about the 28 hours off is classed as a reduced weekly rest and he looked at me with this smug ■■■■■■■ face and said something about the weekly rest only starts from midnight tonight until midnight tomorrow so it doesn’t count. I know he’s talking ■■■■■■■■ but I am sat at home and the doubt has started to set in and now I’m wondering if its me who is wrong!

So am I right and could potentially work until next Wednesday.
Or am I wrong and have to eat my words

dukeofdirt:

I started on Sunday at 1230 after a 45 hour rest (finished the Friday before at about 1ish)

When I was leaving I bumped into our resident know it all. you know the sort, loud never wrong etc.

I told him I was starting at 5 tomorrow to which he said “well you’ll have to be done by midnight because you can’t do 7 days in a week.”
I said about the 28 hours off is classed as a reduced weekly rest and he looked at me with this smug [zb] face and said something about the weekly rest only starts from midnight tonight until midnight tomorrow so it doesn’t count. I know he’s talking ■■■■■■■■ but I am sat at home and the doubt has started to set in and now I’m wondering if its me who is wrong!

Ask that numpty to show you where in the regs it says what he was spouting

The regs go on hours not days
144 hours max between weekly rests for example

5am thu to 5am weds = 144 hours

So far you have a regular weekly rest for last week and a reduced weekly rest for this week with 17 hours to payback in one go after ANY rest period and that must be completed by sunday midnight 15th September

dukeofdirt:

I said about the 28 hours off is classed as a reduced weekly rest and he looked at me with this smug [zb] face and said something about the weekly rest only starts from midnight tonight until midnight tomorrow so it doesn’t count. I know he’s talking ■■■■■■■■ but I am sat at home and the doubt has started to set in and now I’m wondering if its me who is wrong!

You won’t be eating any words but the other bloke should, by the sound of it I doubt he will though :laughing:

You are of course correct that a reduced weekly rest period starts a new six periods of 24 hours, so if you’re starting at 17:00 tomorrow (Friday) after a reduced weekly rest period you will need to start a new weekly rest period no later than 17:00 next Thursday.

Cheers mate.

If you saw him you’d think he’d eaten enough words :smiley: