Another Driver Passed Away

I’ve also posted this on the ‘Davies link in the Oldtimers thread’ but just thought that there might be some lads around who might not know that ‘Hanzy’ had passed away.

This is a link to an article that was in my local paper today about a driver who passed away recently :cry:
halifaxcourier.co.uk
The Final Journey for a Lorry Lover

His wife said in the article that, Alnis Hans (Hanzy) from Halifax, last job was with ‘Davies International, Hampshire’ and he used to go away for six weeks at a time, and that he had done European work for all of his driving life.

If any of you guys worked with him I hope this hasn’t come too much of a shock, he was only 56 :exclamation:

Regards
Dave Penn;

My thought and sympathy are with the family and friends

His funeral was also attended by his parents, Elsie and Ilmars, of Lower Edge, Elland.

Mr Hans worked at the former Wilson and Haigh’s, Shibden, Bannon and Ward, Bradford, and finally at Davies International, Hampshire.

What a sad obituary, no one should have to bury their children, whatever the age :cry:

Well done you for posting that on here,Dave.Sincere Condolences to his wife, and all of his Family.
I liked those two special touches; About his last trip being on the old TK Bedford that he first drove, and his wife putting the Map in with him “so that he would know where he was going”.
Wheelnuts post also stated the case well.
R.I.P. Driver Hans.

halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Th … 5183028.jp

RIP Alnis and condolences to family and friends

nice touch with the Bedford, although to be pedantic it’s not a TK (probably an O series)