Another double manning question

I hope this makes sense.!Two drivers starting at same time driving for 35 mins in two trucks. We return back and stop to do around 4hrs work including breaks. We then take 1 truck down south. The driver who has not driven THAT truck today what does he do about tachograph? Also how many hours have they got left to drive and stay within working time directive? We are not full time drivers. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Minty:
I hope this makes sense.!Two drivers starting at same time driving for 35 mins in two trucks. We return back and stop to do around 4hrs work including breaks. We then take 1 truck down south. The driver who has not driven THAT truck today what does he do about tachograph? Also how many hours have they got left to drive and stay within working time directive? We are not full time drivers. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Presumably the 35 minutes driving is the total driving to the destination and back, if this is the case the second driver puts his card in slot two if the vehicle has a digital tachograph or puts his chart in the second driver position if the vehicle is fitted with an analogue tachograph and if necessary makes a manual entry for the time the card/chart was out of a tachograph.

However if the total amount of driving for the driver has exceeded 1 hour before the second man joins him then the driver does not meet the criteria for multi-manning so cannot take advantage of the multi-manning concession on daily rest periods and the daily rest period of 11/9 hours has to be taken within the 24 hour period from the start of shift.

What’s the total amount of driving the driver will have done before being joined by the second driver ?

It is an analogue tachograph we are using. Start of day is 0815. we will do other work between this time and 0900 and then have 45 min break. Then drive 2.8 miles each in separate trucks, unload then load which l take about an hour, then we will each drive back 2.8miles. On our return the second driver will join the truck that is going down south which will unload first which will take about 40mins. (And a third person will unload the other truck ,for you info) After first truck is unloaded both drivers will go for 45 min break before driving down south. I hope this makes sense!! :open_mouth:

Minty:
It is an analogue tachograph we are using. Start of day is 0815. we will do other work between this time and 0900 and then have 45 min break. Then drive 2.8 miles each in separate trucks, unload then load which l take about an hour, then we will each drive back 2.8miles. On our return the second driver will join the truck that is going down south which will unload first which will take about 40mins. (And a third person will unload the other truck ,for you info) After first truck is unloaded both drivers will go for 45 min break before driving down south. I hope this makes sense!! :open_mouth:

You won’t be together for over an hour after starting work so technically you won’t be multi-manning in a way that will enable you to take advantage of the multi-manning concession on daily rest periods.

Single manning regulations will apply as far as daily rest periods are concerned so you will need to have completed a daily rest period of 11 hours or completed a reduced daily rest period of at-least 9 hours within the 24 hour period from the start of shift.

The second drivers chart goes in the compartment underneath the first drivers chart, inside the tachograph where you normally put the chart there’s usually a hinged plastic cover and the second drivers chart goes underneath that plastic cover.

It’s not a very good picture but this picture shows the plastic cover lifted.

Image008.jpg

I hope this helps :wink: