Another digi question

Having completed my first day with a digi tacho I wasn’t quite sure if I had put the card in correctly so I decided to get a print out. In my infinte wisdom (read stupidity) I didn’'t try this until after I took my card out and all i got was NO DATA . So my question is can you get a print out after you have removed your card.?

From what I know…No. The card has to be in to read data.

That makes sense and means I probably didn’t make a mess of it. Thanks.

It wouldnt have shown the correct info in the display if you didnt put it in correctly,
and the red T would stay lit up on the dash,
Im sure the display still says "driving without card "if its in wrong mate.

You can’t get a printout of the data on the card without it being in but you can get a printout of the vehicle unit data which I think is the same. I wouldn’t worry too much about not putting the card in correctly, it will only be accepted by the vu if it’s the right way round and as soon as you start moving it will record the data regardless, as with analogue just don’t forget the mode switch. Unlike analogue, if you’re on a break and move the vehicle, when starting your break again immediately the mode switch will, (should), default to other work. It’s happened to me, start break, move vehicle after a couple of minutes to get a better spot or whatever, start break again then realise half hour later that the mode has defaulted to other work, swear, start break all over again and hope you don’t get a slapped wrist for an infringement!

You cant get a print out without the card in , but when you next use it you will be able to get one use the same method but then there is an option to scrol to the date you want printed

Thanks for all the answers I’ll do it right tomorrow as I found the instructions this afternoon but couldn’t find much about printouts.

I did that on one occasion,and I put the card straight back in,then eject and ask for a printout.
Or as has been said,get a printout from the vehicle data.