Another CPC Question advice needed

So, i have been driving PCV for ages pre 2008 and i know that I have to do my CPC renewal before Sept 2013 not 2014.

I did my class 2 in April this year along with theory test and hazzard perception.

My class 1 is booked for beginning of June and fingers crossed all will go well.

Now the confusion comes, a friend who did his class 1 said he was automatically sent his new CPC card valid till 2019 when he passed his class 1 recently as it counted towards his 35 hours training.

Another has told me i still need to do 35 hours training before sept 2013 to get my card.

Another has said that as my PCV was sept 2013 my renewal will only be valid till 2018 not 2019 as with LGV even though im now driving LGV.

Another has told me it will automatically be valid until 2019 to bring the CPC for lgv and pcv in line.

Can anyone one tell me catagorily what exactly do i need to do to get my CPC renewed & how long will it me valid for?

Thanks in advance and you can see why i,m confused.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

One of the trainers will be able to give better advise on this as they’re dealing with the subject all the time but he’s what I think.

Your mates cat C+E would only count towards the DCPC training if the training company was registered with JAUPT, I’ve no idea how many driver training providers are JAUPT registered but I doubt there’s many.

When you do your 35 hours of training before 2013 I believe it will take you to 2018 unless you passed your driving test pre 1997 and have grandfather rights to DCPC in which case it will take you to 2019.

So I suppose the question is did you pass your driving test before 1997 which would mean you had cat C1 on your license before doing cat C in April ?

Yeh passed in 1985 and had C1 already on my licence

madguy:

I believe your will need to do the 35 hours training before September 2013 to keep your commercial PSV entitlement, I’m sure I’ve read that the dates for LGV and PSV will then be synchronised to 2019.

tachograph:

madguy:

I believe your will need to do the 35 hours training before September 2013 to keep your commercial PSV entitlement, I’m sure I’ve read that the dates for LGV and PSV will then be synchronised to 2019.

I think this is correct … but not much experience of this haivng not come across it before. Complete 35 hours by Sept 2013 and get a DQC that expires 2019. Not 100% sure though

I thought that if you had C1 on your licence then you wont be having to do the extended driving mod’s to gain your class C or C+E, so I dont know how that would go to your cpc hours, unless you do all 4 mods then I can see how it counts.

Its true that once your 35 hours are up the card just plonks through your letter box but I have no idea if you need seperate CPC training for PSV and LGV - so would be interested to know this too…

Jenson Button:
I thought that if you had C1 on your licence then you wont be having to do the extended driving mod’s to gain your class C or C+E, so I dont know how that would go to your cpc hours

It wouldn’t unless the driver training is registered with JAUPT as a DCPC course.

Jenson Button:
Its true that once your 35 hours are up the card just plonks through your letter box but I have no idea if you need seperate CPC training for PSV and LGV - so would be interested to know this too…

For the Initial CPC I believe there are two modules that are different and do not count for both LGV and PSV.

However the 35 hours Periodic CPC training counts for both LGV and PSV if you have both entitlements.

shep532:
I think this is correct … Complete 35 hours by Sept 2013 and get a DQC that expires 2019. Not 100% sure though

SPOT ON if the driver has both LGV & PCV prior to the dcpc start dates :smiley:

If only driving LGVs then the 35 hours can be completed after 09/09/2013 but before 09/09/2014 and will still get a DQC dated 09/09/2019 for both LGV & PCV … but … that means no PCV driving from 09/09/2013 until the 35 hours are completed

This post refers to those with grandfather rights for both PCV & LGV