Another Country Cadillac

One person taken to hospital after tractor crash on Shropshire border
One person was taken to hospital after a crash involving a tractor and two cars on a river bridge on the Shropshire border.

A tractor was left close to the edge of the viaduct on the A5/A483 between the Gledrid and the Halton roundabouts.

The accident happened just before 2pm close to Chirk, closing the road in both directions.

Fire crews from Llangollen and Wrexham went to the scene and were able to release one person from the wreckage of one of the vehicles.

They were taken to hospital. Two other people were treated at the scene.

Traffic was diverted through Chirk during the road closure.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121923

Oh great,another “tractors should be banned off the road” thread,yawn!

Me and my m8 once hit the back wheel of a tractor full tonk on a bend in his old xr2 :open_mouth:

GOG47:

Well all except his neighbour who is a real professional pushing out trees at a moments notice, great bloke, great mate.

puntabrava:

GOG47:

Well all except his neighbour who is a real professional pushing out trees at a moments notice, great bloke, great mate.

If you study the photo and read the article, and think about the two cars. I wouldn’t think the tractor driver was in the wrong. Also one of Patterson’s artic drivers was killed, along with a load of cattle, that went over the side of the viaduct when an overtaking car hit him a few years ago.
But I didn’t witness either accident.

Full view.

Meanwhile, the A483 between Newtown and Welshpool in Abermule, Powys, is partially blocked after a lorry overturned and ended up in a canal.

About 20 firefighters were called out.

The alarm was raised around 14:00 GMT on Monday. Water rescue teams and an environmental unit are working to recover the lorry, which was carrying 28 tonnes of sugar beet pellets.

Dave the Renegade:

puntabrava:

GOG47:

If you study the photo and read the article, and think about the two cars. I wouldn’t think the tractor driver was in the wrong. Also one of Patterson’s artic drivers was killed, along with a load of cattle, that went over the side of the viaduct when an overtaking car hit him a few years ago.

I wouldn’t bother Dave, you can’t educate pork. :wink:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

puntabrava:

GOG47:

No, but you can train it! :smiley:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

puntabrava:

GOG47:

Go ■■■■ yourself lad

Bacon Sandwich:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

puntabrava:

GOG47:

No, but you can train it! :smiley:

Only in some cases. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: