another bridge strike

dailyrecord.co.uk/news/loca … s-13617485

the most hit bridge in scotland apparently.
55 hits since 2009.

That’s the second one to hit it in the space of a week.

One of NR Evans finest…

The comment from the councillor amused me :-

“We need this bridge raised for the health and wellbeing of all residents.”

Well 55 wagon drivers have had a go already and it ain’t gone up at all by the look of it :laughing:

Seriously though, raising a railway bridge is probably a non starter. It means the embankments on the approaches would have to be raised for some distance back down the line, which are probably bordered by dozens of individual properties, occupied by residents… Lowering the road would face similar difficulties.

Dont understand how they miss the big flashing sign before it and to follow the simple diversion route

■■■■ it, I wanted a video of the exploding cans.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Think we need a forum dedicated to bridge strikes, it’s getting a regular routine thing. :unamused:

“After misjudging his height”.

I’m sorry there is no judgment involved. Your driving 14ft 9 trailer means you CAN go under a 15ft bridge. Your driving 15ft 3 trailer means you can’t. Your driving a 15ft 5 trailer you CAN go under a 15ft 6 bridge, if your driving a 15ft 7 you can’t. There’s no judgment there it’s basic understanding that one number is greater than another one or one number is less than another.

Cans of beer all over the road in bonny Scotland! Bet there was no trouble clearing that lot up. :laughing:

The first time i went that way my trailer height was 13’ 4" and as i was coming over the hill the sign was flashing Over Height Vehicle !!
so i ■■■■ it and went the diversion route… turns out that the sign was broken :laughing:

DickyNick:

I’m sorry there is no judgment involved. Your driving 14ft 9 trailer means you CAN go under a 15ft bridge. Your driving 15ft 3 trailer means you can’t. Your driving a 15ft 5 trailer you CAN go under a 15ft 6 bridge, if your driving a 15ft 7 you can’t. There’s no judgment there it’s basic understanding that one number is greater than another one or one number is less than another.

I’m sorry but I’ve read the t’s&c’s on the Kellogg’s box and nowhere does it say anything about requiring a basic grasp of mathematics when sending off your 3 tokens for your free c+e licence [emoji57]

DickyNick:

I know what the problem is - they don’t teach proper maths anymore in schools, its all things like negative numbers and the likes.

So people come out of school unable to decide whether a 13’ 6" bridge is less than 15’ trailer. If it was “-13 minus -15” then it’d likely fit, maybe. We just need theoretical bridges to go with theoretical number err theory.

My head hurts, like the driver of that truck!

Live not far from this
Road was lowered a few years back, if I remember right, to give more head height.
Well signposted & flashing road signs on approach to warn overheight vehicles well in advance.

On the plus side…all the free beer you can drink.
Mouth & tongue ripped to shreads from sooking out of roadway though :stuck_out_tongue: