Another bridge strike.......

Oooooops!

Same trailer that hit the bridge in Birmingham on Sunday the driver was taking to don-bur to be repaired.

You now get sick of hearing about these. No longer news more accepted that ■■■■ heads are now sat in trucks.

Bargain prices bargain drivers.

Dimlaith:

I was just thinking that the majority of bridge strikes seem to be from this company. Now I’m not sure if it’s my selective memory distorting the facts or if there really is a problem. Poorly located stores? Badly designed trailers? ■■■■ wages attracting the sort of incompetent driver who can’t get work elsewhere?

Captain Caveman 76:

Dimlaith:

I was just thinking that the majority of bridge strikes seem to be from this company. Now I’m not sure if it’s my selective memory distorting the facts or if there really is a problem. Poorly located stores? Badly designed trailers? [zb] wages attracting the sort of incompetent driver who can’t get work elsewhere?

No excuse to hit a bloody bridge, unless the sign is wrong or your ■■■■■■

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

Dimlaith:

I was just thinking that the majority of bridge strikes seem to be from this company. Now I’m not sure if it’s my selective memory distorting the facts or if there really is a problem. Poorly located stores? Badly designed trailers? [zb] wages attracting the sort of incompetent driver who can’t get work elsewhere?

Or…just plain braindead…

Captain Caveman 76:

Dimlaith:

I guess the main contributing factor is driver error but yes I would agree with you on some stores being ■■■■ poor located due to the nature of said business they will stick them anywhere where there is a bit of free land going.

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

Dimlaith:

I’m not sure that being ■■■■■■ is a valid excuse.

Captain Caveman 76:
I’m not sure that being ■■■■■■ is a valid excuse.

It would be my excuse if I ever hit a bridge, only way I would

14’6 bridge if I remember correctly used to come down to it turn right then into transport lane,signed well enough not as if it comes as a surprise can see it from far enough away.
Should have turned right before the bridge up the hill and home bargains is on the right.

Wigo91:
Same trailer that hit the bridge in Birmingham on Sunday the driver was taking to don-bur to be repaired.

If he was going to Don But he was going the wrong way anyway, should’ve turned right before that bridge, then left up Anchor road.

bestbooties:

Wigo91:

If he was going to Don But he was going the wrong way anyway, should’ve turned right before that bridge, then left up Anchor road.

Yes i went the other week with another trailer that depot has destroyed. 3 in about 10 days.

bestbooties:

Wigo91:

Don Bur also have a place on Clarence road,assume that’s where he was heading.

If I remember rightly that bridge in Longton is, like the one by Sandwell & Dudley station, very well-marked with bright yellow warnings of its height. It’s also on a very tight turn that you’d take at walking pace in an artic, so he must have kept the power on for some time after hitting it to get so far under.

It’s hardly a wonder that self-driving trucks are all the rage when this kind of thing and worse happens on what seems to be a daily basis.

bestbooties:

Wigo91:

He wouldn’t have got up there either, there’s another low bridge that supports the same railway line as goes over the bridge that he did clobber.

NEWS

There is debris across the road
Enter your postcode to see news and information near you
Community updates, Crime Statistics, Local News & Events and much more…

Enter your postcode
Go
SHARES
A lorry has lost its load - and the roof of its trailer - after hitting a bridge in Warsop.

Mansfield Road is blocked in both directions at Elmfield by debris scattered across the road.

Police reopen M1 after investigation into ‘suspicious object’ found on the carriageway

It looks as though the roof of the lorry’s trailer was too tall for the bridge and was ripped off as the vehicle was driven underneath.

A car following the lorry appears to have driven onto its collapsed roof.

According to traffic management site Inrix, officers from Nottinghamshire Police are at the scene.

Gogglebox star to run in Robin Hood half marathon to help ill children in the East Midlands

The incident is causing queuing traffic in both directions.

The Post has contacted Nottinghamshire Police for more information.

KEY EVENTS

New picture of the scene
14:39
Police statement
10:12
Road closure in place
09:51
Network Rail statement
09:15
16:39
Road reopens

According to Stagecoach East Midlands Warsop Road has now reopened.

#Mansfield A60 WARSOP ROAD has now reopened after earlier RTC NORMAL ROUTE SERVICE 11/12
— Stagecoach East Mids (@StagecoachEMid) September 20, 2017
15:58
Pictures from incident

We have further pictures of the site this morning from @jibztv, as the road looks to remain closed till six.

Lorry hit a bridge this morning
Lorry hit a bridge this morning (Image: @jibztv)
14:39KEY EVENT
New picture of the scene

(Image: @jibztv)
Here’s another picture of the scene this morning - it was shared with us by Twitter user @jibztv.

Mansfield Road is still closed between Vale Avenue and Sookholme Road.

13:37
Buses continue to divert

Stagecoach is still diverting its services away from Mansfield Road.

Follow
Stagecoach East Mids @StagecoachEMid
#Mansfield Services 11 and 12 are still diverting via Peafield Lane and Sherwood Street to Warsop due to the earlier bridge strike.
1:35 PM - Sep 20, 2017
Replies Retweets likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
12:36
Road still closed

I’m still waiting for confirmation about how long the road will be closed for. It’s still shut according to Inrix.

I’ll update you when I can.

12:17
Trains now running

Network Rail has completed its inspection. A spokeswoman said:

The bridge has been examined and trains are able to pass over it as normal.
10:21
Update on road closure

Stagecoach claims that Mansfield Road will be closed until at least 6pm this evening.

Follow
#Mansfield A60 Mansfield Rd, Warsop will remain closed until at least 6pm due to earlier Bridge strike by Lorry. Diversion in place
10:17 AM - Sep 20, 2017
Replies Retweets likes
I’ve asked Nottinghamshire Police and Network Rail for more details.

10:12KEY EVENT
Police statement

Nottinghamshire Police has released a statement about the incident:

We were called to Mansfield Road, Warsop, at around 7.40am to reports that a lorry had got stuck under a bridge and a car has collided with it.
No injuries, recovery underway, Network Rail and council informed.
Road closed at junction of Leeming Lane and Sookholme Lane.
09:51KEY EVENT
Road closure in place

Mansfield Road has now been closed in both directions between Vale Avenue and Sookholme Road while the lorry is removed from underneath the bridge.

09:38
Traffic still queuing

There isn’t much information available about the incident yet.

The road is still blocked, and it looks as though Network Rail will have to complete its inspection before recovery can take place.

According to Inrix, traffic is still heavy as a result.

I’ll bring you more on this as soon as I can.

09:29
The scene

09:20
Delays of up to 30 minutes

Stagecoach has warned of delays of up to half an hour on services that normally travel on Mansfield Road.

Follow
#Mansfield Network Rail at Warsop inspecting bridge before recovery work can begin on Lorry. Delays of up to 30 minutes on Services 11 & 12.
9:06 AM - Sep 20, 2017
Replies Retweets likes
09:15KEY EVENT
Network Rail statement

The bridge hit by the lorry is a railway bridge. Network Rail is at scene and has issued a statement:

It was reported to us at 7.45am. We’re on site, as well as the police.
The train services in the area have stopped.
What we will do is carry out an inspection of the bridge to see if there’s any damage.
08:58
Warning for students

Vision West Nottinghamshire College is warning students that of “major delays” to bus services as a result of the incident.

Follow
Vision West Notts @WestNotts
There are major delays to routes 5, 8, 12 and 12a due to accident in Warsop. Buses are on the way - however, arrival times will be delayed.
8:56 AM - Sep 20, 2017
Replies 1 1 Retweet 1 1 like
08:57
Bus diversions

Stagecoach is diverting some of its services due to the incident.

Follow
#Mansfield Services 11 & 12 may experience delays due to Emergency Diversion. Unable to serve Leeming Lane, Spion Kop & Warsop Motor Co.
8:11 AM - Sep 20, 2017
Replies Retweets likes
The company is warning of delays to its 11 and 12 services.

08:49
Another picture from the scene

It looks as though the roof of the lorry’s trailer was ripped off after hitting the bridge.

08:45
Delays

According to Inrix, the incident is causing delays for people travelling between Mansfield and Warsop this morning.

08:39
Picture from the scene

Mansfield Road is blocked after a lorry hit a bridge
Mansfield Road is blocked after a lorry hit a brid