Another bridge hit

thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/ … /?ref=mmsp

Looks like it was bloody close to getting safely through though!

Only the trailer stopped him :laughing:

As a precautionary measure, train services running in both directions and involving stations at Windermere, Staveley, Burneside, Kendal and Oxenholme were subject to delays.

At least one service to Oxenholme was cancelled and it is likely structural checks will be made to the bridge before services can fully resume.

Sounds expensive. :smiley:

I know i for one in the past have pulled up at bridges and got out to have a look,all this dcpc balls and they do’nt tell you the basics when you take lessons,they should say

lesson 1
if the firm dont give you the height of the vehicle when you are taking it out refuse to take it. not all have the heights on the trailers.

stobarttrucker:
I know i for one in the past have pulled up at bridges and got out to have a look,all this dcpc balls and they do’nt tell you the basics when you take lessons,they should say

lesson 1
if the firm dont give you the height of the vehicle when you are taking it out refuse to take it. not all have the heights on the trailers.

Lesson 1 is

Allways have a tape measure to measure a truck your not sure about.

Lesson 2

Trust no one

Those 2 have managed to keep me from hitting anything in 16yrs of driving

stobarttrucker:
lesson 1

Personally I prefer the lesson I got off the much missed Coffeholic…

TNUK Questioner; What’s the most useful gadget to keep in the cab?

Coffee’s answer; A tape measure

I had one anyhow but I always make sure it’s there after reading Coffee’s post. That way, I know for certain what the height of my load or trailer is in relation to truck I’m driving rather than the height of the truck someone might of measured the trailer with.

Much easier than having a tantrum with the traffic office because the nasty fitters didn’t measure your trailer for you…

W

Get the bible out!!!(truckers atlas )Too late for this non beleiver…repent u sinner :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Or u could try google earth… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Another one here; 11 foot 6. Still give it a go!

examiner.co.uk/news/local-we … -32877375/

It hit “the underside of the bridge” apparently.

Well it wouldn`t hit the upperside would it? :unamused:

cheekymonkey:
It hit “the underside of the bridge” apparently.

Well it wouldn`t hit the upperside would it? :unamused:

Depends how high it was flying I suppose :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looking at it, I reckon he’s come out of James Croppers and not taken the route he’s supposed too, which is back up onto the Main A road and down the hill into Kendal.

“Driver had his head in his hands”…was that after he pulled his head out the clouds ffs…14.9 n he did’nt think about getting out and having a look.

an arctic under 11’6",now that’s ambitious !!! :smiley:

I can already see what the headlines will be in our local " Westmorland Gazette " tomorrow.

" BIRDS SEEN NESTING UNDER RAILWAY BRIDGE " . :laughing:

Any more captions …■■

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

I have heard them called dickie birds, that driver is a ■■■■