Another bad experience with agency

m_attt:
Their not all bad. I joined with 6 months experiance. Worked hard an it got noticed, been there a year now

On about 30k PAYE have garanteed income. Holiday and sick pay. Put me through hiab. Forklift and adr before end of year. And the jobs i get sent on are decent enough. Travel gets paid if its over 30mins away.

So dont knock them all

Why don’t you get mileage for less than 30 miles travel? Are the firm claiming it on your behalf (1-29 miles), and then pocketing the difference?

I always thought you either get ALL of a mileage claim - or NONE of it. Mustn’t spend more than 40% of your working hours over a year at the same place to qualify.

not miles no, If its 30 minuetsish or more travel or bad drive they normally give me some extra in my wages. this week I got £60 for driving plymouth to dartmouth. cost me a 3rd of that in my 1.1

Winseer:

m_attt:
Their not all bad. I joined with 6 months experiance. Worked hard an it got noticed, been there a year now

On about 30k PAYE have garanteed income. Holiday and sick pay. Put me through hiab. Forklift and adr before end of year. And the jobs i get sent on are decent enough. Travel gets paid if its over 30mins away.

So dont knock them all

Why don’t you get mileage for less than 30 miles travel? Are the firm claiming it on your behalf (1-29 miles), and then pocketing the difference?

I always thought you either get ALL of a mileage claim - or NONE of it. Mustn’t spend more than 40% of your working hours over a year at the same place to qualify.

Does it matter, still sounds like he’s on 1 of the best agencies I’ve ever read about.

Right, update on mine, I’ve agreed to a single payment through the Umbrella just to get my bloody money in the bank for today as I have a stag do tomorrow.

Went through all the hoops, jumping through the crap for the Umbrella, filling in god knows how many forms, sending in my I.D. etc etc etc…

I finally get a text today at 1757 saying “your wages will clear in the bank on Friday, you got gross £■■■.■■ and net £■■■.■■”

The wages ARE NOT in my bank, so assume they mean NEXT Friday and the wages they’ve quoted are well down too and without a pay advice I’ve no idea what I’ve been paid and what I haven’t…

So… At the risk of the admin removing this, I’m going to name and shame…

ProActive Personnel is the agency, and Apex-contracting is the Umbrella. I made it perfectly clear to BOTH that I needed that money in the bank today as it should have been. :smiling_imp:

Winseer:

m_attt:

So dont knock them all

So if you are LTD company and work for the same firm (via employment agency) you can’t claim mileage allowance? Or do you mean if you work direct for the same firm?

im working for a agency at the mo offered me a job at £9 a hour then got my wage slips had me on £8.50 but was thru a umberella scheme no one explained it on the phone when offered the job just said its £9 a hour.

its by far the worst agency i’ve ever used i was with freeway recruitment before them and they was great.

had a massive argument with the guy told him i was taking truck back to depot and going his office then he could tell me face to face i was lying.

got my back pay ha ha and wage has been right since :smiley:

bigtanker198:
im working for a agency at the mo offered me a job at £9 a hour then got my wage slips had me on £8.50 but was thru a umberella scheme no one explained it on the phone when offered the job just said its £9 a hour.

its by far the worst agency i’ve ever used i was with freeway recruitment before them and they was great.

had a massive argument with the guy told him i was taking truck back to depot and going his office then he could tell me face to face i was lying.

got my back pay ha ha and wage has been right since :smiley:

You carried on working for him? :open_mouth:

No chance I would’ve done, get pay sorted, tell them where to shove it.

UPDATE, checked my bank this morning, and some wages went in, my calculations say it’s the money for the work I did last week (although slightly lower than my calculations), so they still owe me 2 days for this week even though they agreed to do it all as a single payment and got the timesheet signed etc to reduce the fees to a single fee to the Umbrella leech.

At least I have some spends for tonights shin dig now

Yeh only carried on working for him because the boss at the company I’m working at is in process of setting me on full time or I’d of left. Ageny guy was a complete idiot he’d even lied to the company I work for about why I’d not started on the Monday, he’d never told me to go in but he told them my kid was in hospital ill so I could t make it, complete joker.

Conor:
My mate started working for GI in Hull a few weeks ago. He says they email you the rates and the job before you start so there’s no arguing.

As above i would ensure this is done no excuses

bigtanker198:
i was with freeway recruitment before them and they was great.

Freeway Manchester/Leeds are a fantastic agency, ive done work for them, the ONLY reason i didnt stick with them is because Driverhire have offered me training ETC… done my ADR and HIAB so far with them! still, Wayne from Freeway rings me for a natter every now and then too see how things are going :slight_smile:and if Driverhire ever goes to ■■■■ ill be STRAIGHT back to Freeway!

B…

Freeway Leeds I dealt with Jon mark and Kevin great guys kept me working paid me well would use them anytime even tried getting place I work for to employ me thru them.

Another update

Right, a little conversation with the ‘umbrella’ company to figure out what I had been paid didn’t clear that much up.

I did Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and nights out on Wed, Thu and Fri. Got paid 32hrs at 1 rate, then 16hrs at another (higher) rate.
No payments for night out money and I paid parking on Thursday and that wasn’t paid either.

I did Tuesday and Wednesday for another firm for the same agency last week which was supposed to be paid at the same time too, but that’s not been paid - although it’s not REALLY due until this Friday, they agreed to pay it all in 1 payment so I only paid 1 ‘umbrella’ fee.

I’ve still not had the ‘pay slip’ to show what I’ve been paid and what I haven’t, this will come later in the week I believe, most likely too late for it to be sorted for this weeks payment :unamused:

bigtanker198:
Yeh only carried on working for him because the boss at the company I’m working at is in process of setting me on full time or I’d of left. Ageny guy was a complete idiot he’d even lied to the company I work for about why I’d not started on the Monday, he’d never told me to go in but he told them my kid was in hospital ill so I could t make it, complete joker.

Well that’s definitely not cricket is it.

bigtanker198:
Freeway Leeds I dealt with Jon mark and Kevin great guys kept me working paid me well would use them anytime even tried getting place I work for to employ me thru them.

Great to hear there are some agency’s still out there who aren’t a complete load of merchant bankers.

Defiantly one of the best are free way I-recruit who I’m with now are just shocking, but least I’m getting paid

Just to keep you all updated.

I’m currently at the point where the 1st 4 days work (wed - sat) were paid at single rate (plus overtime for over 8hrs) even though the saturday was agreed to be a higher rate.

The 2 days I did the week after have been paid at single rate + an overtime rate that wasn’t what we’d agreed for after 8hrs.

NO nights out have been paid yet.

Parking fee hasn’t been re-imbursed yet.

I’ve had to pay 2 umbrella charges so far for the above payments.

I then get a phone call yesterday off a guy who’s going to sort it all ‘asap’ for me and hopes we can work together again in the future :open_mouth:

“asap” translates as “When you get a court hearing date”. :smiling_imp: