Another bad accident yesterday. M1

Surprised this has not been mentioned yet.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no … e-41239653

Sad to hear two people have lost their lives, the story says the transporter overturned after crossing the central reservation and landed on top of their car.

Hope it wasn’t driver error or falling asleep at the wheel that caused it.

That must have been horrific to witness.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

read somewhere that the transporter had a front wheel blowout.

Heard the same… Blow out.

And there’s a (phone) video just been posted on FB right now of people standing next to it gawping into truck and crushed car! :imp:

Hopefully, by the time I’ve typed and posted this, it’s been removed.

RIP

gingo:

Had blowouts on front wheels on trucks cars vans loaded or empty.
I’ve never lost control to that extent, I can pretty much say I’ve kept it in lane and got to the H/S without problem .

nick2008:

gingo:

I’ve never lost control to that extent, I can pretty much say I’ve kept it in lane and got to the H/S without problem .

Ditto the above. I wonder if the guy braked, out of instinct, and put more force onto the front axle and couldn’t keep his line. The cars above the cab would have added to the weight on the steer axle.

gingo:

Can you not remember where you read that?

A sad day for those who lost their lives rip to them…but i have always thought those car transporters we very unbalanced, especially with a load on them up in the air…i preferred the normal trailer with a king pin on the front myself.problem is the greed of companies to move more cars for the same price almost…think we`re up to 11 at the mo…and certainly not the last to turn over…

nick2008:

Been driving over 26yrs I’ve never had a blow out, hope I go at least another 26 too tbh

truckyboy:
i have always thought those car transporters we very unbalanced, especially with a load on them up in the air…i preferred the normal trailer with a king pin on the front myself.problem is the greed of companies to move more cars for the same price almost…think we`re up to 11 at the mo…and certainly not the last to turn over…

At face value they look like a recipe for the tail wagging the dog scenario to me.

I prefer this configuration but they call it progress. :unamused:

download/file.php?id=217728&t=1

I was chatting to a lad from Clarendon Haulage whilst waiting for notes today at Lidl Wednesbury, and he reckons one of their lot saw it happen :open_mouth: He claims the car transporter changed lane and clipped a car, the driver then over corrected and lost control and ended up through the barrier.

How true that is I don’t know, but it seems a bit extreme for RDC bullshine :neutral_face: